After suffering an eye injury against Spurs three days earlier, Roberto Firmino came off the bench to score a brilliant victor in stoppage time.
"But the first five games don't win you a league".
Footage of the Egyptian hurling his bottle after Roberto Firmino's late goal quickly went viral, only for clips to then emerge of him celebrating beforehand. I texted him saying: "'You don't need your eye!'"
Substitute Roberto Firmino scored a dramatic stoppage-time victor as Liverpool beat Paris St-Germain in a five-goal Champions League thriller at Anfield.
As for Paris Saint Germain, they will now look to get back to winning ways against Stade Rennes on Sunday.
Liverpool beat the French giants 3-2 on Merseyside in their Champions League encounter. Jurgen Klopp's men have won all of their Premier League games this season, including an impressive defeat of Tottenham on Saturday.
The Reds dominated much of the game, but found themselves heading towards a draw thanks to Kylian Mbappe's leveller seven minutes from time before.
Meanwhile, at the other end of the pitch, the rampaging trio of Mohammed Salah, Roberto Firmino, and Sadio Mane continues to terrify opposition defenses and gives Liverpool one of the most potent forward lines in European football and favorite sites at NJ online sportsbooks. For me, we need to improve our intensity in games like this.
Defender Joe Gomez, who has started every match alongside Virgil van Dijk at the centre of defence this season, believes the depth of their squad makes them more of a proposition than the previous campaign, when they finished in the top four and reached the Champions League final. We have quality in the team and I think we're mentally free to go forward.
"We didn't learn a lot which we didn't know before, but it's nice to see that we can do it".
"In France, we've got the impression that they're impossible to manage".
"It is what we tried and finally we scored the third goal, which was very important for the team".
- N Korea to allow worldwide disarmament verification
- Jack Ma kills 1m US jobs promise, blaming US-China trade war
- 81-year-old man dies in Florence's floodwaters in SC
- Christine Blasey Fords testimony sure to be a ‘circus’
- Brett Kavanaugh dismisses sexual assault allegations as ‘completely false’
- Kavanaugh’s accuser wants FBI to investigate before hearing
- Chicago Bears: Three questions following win vs. Seahawks
- Douglas Costa faces ban after spitting in opponent's mouth
- IPhone XS, XS Max show off 'battery origami' in iFixit teardown
- China hits U.S with $60B in tariffs to escalate trade war