While Liverpool are defending a flawless record from their opening six league games of the season, Chelsea have only dropped two points themselves under new coach Maurizio Sarri and beat Klopp's men at Anfield 2-1 in the League Cup on Wednesday. Rudiger had been the only player who has played every minute of every game this season before being taken off injured against West Ham. But their task will be much hard on Saturday when they face unbeaten Liverpool in the Premier League. However, they are quickly forgetting the record-breaking season that Mohamed Salah had during his debut campaign at Anfield in which he scored 32 league goals.
The match was headed to penalties when Hazard, receiving the ball outside the box on the right wing, skipped through Liverpool's defense before whipping a shot into the top corner to score a stunning victor with five minutes to go. The duo weren't at their best against Chelsea in the Cup and will need to improve considering the Blues will have Jorginho back in the team.
Chelsea, in third place, sit two points behind the Reds, who have won all six of their league matches so far this season.
It is the second meeting between the two sides in four days after Chelsea ended Liverpool's flawless start to the season with a 2-1 victory at Anfield to reach the Carabao Cup fourth round.
"So I think that if he's able to improve he will be the best in the world".
Hazard, who is yet to sign a new contract at Chelsea amid reported interest from Real Madrid, will look to repeat his heroics when the Blues face Liverpool again in the Premier League on Saturday.
The Belgium global ghosted past four Liverpool defenders before slamming a powerful drive into the far corner to win the game for the visitors. "I want to win trophies", he said. "But I am absolutely convinced that he can improve".
Klopp rotated his team for the League Cup loss, preserving first choice picks for this more important league meeting which marks the first of three huge games over the next eight days.
There have been plenty of debates on social media regarding the best player in the Premier League.
Both the teams are strong contenders to the Premier League title after making explosive starts to their season, but we take a look at how risky this combined eleven would be.
Alexander-Arnold has impressed in a far more solid Liverpool defensive unit than last season and kept Neymar quiet in the win over PSG.
- Google Doodle celebrates search giant's 20th birthday
- Yale law students protest Kavanaugh nomination
- Fans call 'Fantastic Beast' casting of Claudia Kim as Nagini problematic
- Kavanaugh accusations 'all false to me,' but I could change my mind
- Google is quietly logging users into Chrome, but it's not all bad
- Christine Blasey Ford says she remembers "uproarious laughter" of alleged attackers
- Federal Bureau of Investigation finds body, believed to be missing NC boy
- Women allowed to enter Sabarimala temple
- Netanyahu Calls Putin, Blames Syria, Iran
- Barrick to buy Randgold for $18.3B forming giant global gold miner