Six years after it was first announced.
So is all forgiven now that "V" has finally arrived, launched into a very different world than the 2013 one that was originally planned for its release?
It was reported that as part of the deal, Wayne is now the sole owner of Young Money Records, which was previously a subsidiary of Cash Money. After a rather long wait, Tunechi has finally dropped his highly anticipated album, "Tha Carter V". Check out the album artwork and tracklist below. "Me listening to Wayne's mom on the first track of #Carter5 and wondering why my mom don't love me that much", he tweeted.
We're further told DJ T. Lewis spun tunes all night and then the crowd all counted down to "Tha Carter V" release.
Instead, May 6 rolled around and a single, Believe Me featuring Drake, from Wayne's still-unreleased album was released and started receiving airplay.
The album starts with the rapper's mom Jacida Carter, emotionally discussing how important her son is to her. Things get a little more meta on "Dedicate", which samples "Dedication" by 2 Chainz - a song that in itself is a tribute to Wayne. The party, nicknamed "Wayne's World", featured numerous rapper's favorite things.... traditional New Orleans food (as catered by Trap Kitchen), candy and marihuana bar while a skate ramp outside played host to tricks and ollies from skateboarders all night.
Overall, many Twitter critics had nothing but love for Lil Tunechi.
- Europe Defeats U.S. to Win Ryder Cup
- Kavanaugh accusations 'all false to me,' but I could change my mind
- Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh: Latest allegations are 'from the Twilight Zone'
- Sen. Bill Cassidy: FBI Probe Must Investigate Dems' Collusion to Smear Kavanaugh
- Federal Bureau of Investigation finds body, believed to be missing NC boy
- Adultery is not a crime, Section 497 of IPC unconstitutional: SC
- Women allowed to enter Sabarimala temple
- Facebook data breach hits at least 50 mln accounts
- Angry Kavanaugh denies Ford accusation, sees 'disgrace'
- High drama in Senate as Kavanaugh-Ford hearing nears