According to Vulture, "a source close to the show" revealed that co-head writer and co-host of "Weekend Update", Colin Jost, initially had the idea to cast Damon as Kavanaugh for the cold open.
"Dr. Ford has no evidence - none", he insisted.
"I got these calendars", he said weepily, "these handsome, creepy calendars. And also for a regional production of The Crucible, and let me tell you, queen, I was good". "These lovely, creepy calendars", he added, citing pages that were published in the USA Today showing his schedule from 1982. But you don't care about Squee or donkey Donald Doug, do you? A cardboard cut-out of Alyssa Milano played Alyssa Milano.
Just as the Ford/Kavanaugh hearings brought back references to Justice Clarence Thomas's nomination and the allegations made against him by Anita Hill, the manner in which SNL handled the two hearings also strikes an interesting contrast marking just how much times have changed.
Cast members Alex Moffat and Cecily Strong appeared as Sens. "I don't know the meaning of the word stop", he continued. "But I will not shut up because this is a bunch of C-R-A-P crap!"
"This ain't no trial".
"This ain't no trial, no due process", McKinnon-as-Graham snarls. Do you know what this is, judge Kavanaugh? This is. Hell. That's what that is. It's horrific. And for what? McKinnon as Graham over-emoted as she repeatedly dramatically pointed.
"No, you are him". Americans "overwhelmingly believe [Ford] is honest", said Quinnipiac assistant director Tim Malloy, but "there is a very sharp divide between men and women on credibility".
For those who didn't turn on the TV, look at a computer, or exist on this astral plane for the past week, the world is in a bit of an uproar right now over the impending confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. No votes, no discussion. "This is my audition for Mr. Trump's Cabinet and for a regional production of 'The Crucible'".
Sheldon Whitehouse (Pete Davidson) were all represented.
The SNL writers didn't just target Judge Kavanaugh's actions during the hearing, they also set their sights on Sen.
- "That's impossible because I didn't have sex for many, many, many years".
- Cotton Calls For Probe Of Feinstein, Saying She 'Betrayed' Blasey Ford
- Facebook data breach hits at least 50 mln accounts
- Spanish LaLiga match report Leganes v FC Barcelona 26 September 2018
- Cristiano Ronaldo dismisses rape accusations as "fake news"
- Indonesia Says Sulawesi Quake Caused Tsunami
- Women allowed to enter Sabarimala temple
- US, Canada likely to conclude NAFTA talks this weekend
- FBI To Investigate Allegations Against Brett Kavanaugh
- Penn State WR Just Made The Catch Of The Year
- Prince Harry Is Totally Turned On By Meghan Markle's Rebellious Style Choices