Demonstrators eventually marched to the Hart Senate Office Building and staged a sit-in that led to 302 arrests. Because we live in a country where protesters and asylum seekers get detained while criminals get to be president.
A final vote will be taken tomorrow on Mr Kavanaugh's appointment to the court.
Malecki added that around 5:20 p.m., police responded to reports of more demonstrations in the Dirksen Senate Office Building and arrested nine more people for crowding, obstructing or incommoding.
The protest had begun at 12.30pm (1630 GMT) outside the nearby E Barrett Prettyman Courthouse where Kavanaugh is a federal appeals judge.
Senator Jeff Flake, representing Arizona, said a short time later that the report had found "no additional corroborating information" over the allegations.
The vote on Kavanaugh is expected to come as early as Saturday afternoon. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, who has yet to announce his position.
Schumer is reportedly the cousin of Senate minority leader Charles Schumer.
"If she turns on women, ME women will turn on her", Russell said.
"No matter how this goes, they can not keep us down", Schumer said during the protest according to Variety. That we would have a fair and thorough process. "We accommodated all of the Senate's requests".
Kavanaugh has denied the sexual misconduct allegations.
A number of other pictures of the Cruise star were also snapped.
Those not interviewed in the reopened background investigation included Kavanaugh himself and Christine Blasey Ford, who ignited the furor by alleging he'd molested her in a locked room at a 1982 high school gathering.
"Democrats have been trying to destroy Judge Kavanaugh since the first second he was announced", Trump claimed, touting his "incredible intellect" and calling him an "incredible person".
- U.S. ordered to lift sanctions on 'humanitarian' goods
- Tom Hardy says his favourite scenes didn't make it into Venom
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Petrol, Diesel Is Now Cheaper By Rs 5/Litre! Find Out How?
- Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino sentenced to prison for tax evasion
- Three scientists jointly win Nobel Prize for Physics
- Trump says it's 'a very scary time for young men in America'
- Kavanaugh key vote due Friday, confirmation battle reaching finale