The Situation went on to apologize for his actions, telling a judge that he's grown as a person and is three years sober.
The reality star appeared in New Jersey federal court on Friday and was given an eight month prison sentence, along with two years of supervised release. He pleaded guilty in 2015.
"Michael accepts the court's judgment", his lawyer Henry Klingeman said in an email.
Under his plea agreement, Marc pleaded guilty to aiding in the preparation of a false and fraudulent tax return and admitted he under-reported his income for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Vinny Guadagnino, Deena Cortese, Pauly "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio, Jenni "JWoww" Farley, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Angelina Pivarnick were all spotted outside the courthouse, along with Sorrentino's fiancée, Lauren Pesce.
Sorrentino's brother, Marc, also has pleaded guilty and faces sentencing Friday. Starring in the show from 2009-2012, "The Situation" would once again star in the reunion show "Jersey Shore Family Vacation".
"Tax crimes, plain and simple, are an outright theft from the hardworking American public", said John Tafur of IRS Criminal Investigation. Marc Sorrentino was sentenced to one year of supervised release, and fined $7,500, with restitution to be determined at a later date. As the world remembers, the entire Jersey Shore cast was earning hefty paychecks shortly after the show premiered on December 3, 2009.
- Russian hackers accused of targeting United Nations chemical weapons watchdog, MH17 files
- Canada dairy farmers unhappy after meeting with Justin Trudeau on trade deal
- Key GOP US senator concerned about Brett Kavanaugh's 'partisan' tone
- U.S. ordered to lift sanctions on 'humanitarian' goods
- NYT's Latest Hit Piece: Kavanaugh Allegedly Threw Ice on Someone in College
- BIO Statement on the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement
- We Expect Lots From Erik Lamela - Mauricio Pochettino On Winger
- UEFA Champions League Report: Manchester United v Valencia 02 October 2018
- Trump Insults ABC Reporter, Saying She ‘Never’ Thinks
- Trump mocks Christine Blasey Ford’s Senate testimony