De Bruyne has been out with knee ligament damage since the opening weekend of the season but has returned to training ahead of Sunday's top-of-the-table clash at Anfield.
Sky Sports also report that Benjamin Mendy is in contention to start while Ilkay Gundogan remains a doubt after picking up a knock against Hoffenheim in the Champions League on Tuesday. "We played Chelsea twice last week". He said: "He made part of the training today".
City also have a bad record at Anfield, losing 12 of their last 17 visits with their last victory in 2003.
"The reason why last time he didn't [start] - the only time he didn't [start] - was for another reason, a tactical movement, so Kyle Walker can attack more on the right side than him", Guardiola said at a news conference.
"Liverpol should be upset, not me", said Guardiola. "We are not going to defend". They will have shots on target.
Manchester City, like Liverpool FC, have collected 19 points from their opening seven Premier League games, with the only blotch on their record a 1-1 draw with promoted side Wolves at Molineaux. This team together with the club, the money they have and this manager is exceptional. We want to show a reaction.
"They are really good". We try to get closer.
It would, therefore, have bought great frustration from the Liverpool manager seeing the Guinean worldwide go to the turf with so few minutes on the clock.
When asked about his side's clashes with Liverpool last season, City boss Pep Guardiola added: "Every game is completely different".
City last visited Anfield in April for the first leg of a Champions League quarterfinal and that game was somewhat overshadowed by events prior to kick-off. Why should the police need to be there?
"We don't save lives, we don't create anything, we are not good in surgeries, we are only good in football".
"Why should our fans have to protect our bus?" Having played against Aguero when I was at Tottenham, I can assure you he's a complete nightmare to play against.
Besides, good as Liverpool are, he is not convinced they are at City's level.
- Amy Schumer among those arrested before Kavanaugh vote
- Russian President Vladimir Putin meets PM Modi in Delhi
- 7 officers shot, 1 fatally, serving warrant in S. Carolina
- Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino sentenced to prison for tax evasion
- Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Confirmation Heralds New Conservative Era
- Melania Trump in Egypt to Tour Pyramids, Sphinx
- Melania Trump Arrives In Ghana
- Theresa May, the Brexit dancing
- Top Republicans eye Kavanaugh confirmation on Saturday
- Brexit deal getting closer, European Commission chief says