Trump, who has also visited Ghana and Malawi, kicked off her day with a stop at an elephant orphanage, where she helped bottle feed an elephant and patted another, clearly having a good time.
On Friday, she visited the Nairobi National Park in Nairobi, Kenya, where she was spotted wearing a white blouse, brown riding trousers, boots and the white pith helmet - which is associated with colonial rule across Africa, The Guardian reported.
The First Lady wore a pith helmet while on Safari in Kenya.
Trump had earlier received a warm welcome from Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and his wife, Entissar, at the presidential palace in Cairo before she headed to visit the Pyramids and the Great Sphinx. Social media lit up with complaints about her choice of a hat viewed by some as a symbol of Kenya's colonial past and its one-time domination by the British.
Mrs Trump praised the reception and hospitality she has recieved in Egypt, expressing her appreciation and admiration of ancient Egyptian heritage and her respect for the friendship between the two nations.
Asked whether she's ever told her husband to put his phone down, she smiled and said yes.
Many drew comparisons with Meryl Streep's character in Out Of Africa, while some said she was completing the look of "colonialiser".
She closed her tour in Egypt by touring the pyramids and the Great Sphinx to highlight US -backed preservation efforts there.
The First Lady left Washington Tuesday to make stops in Ghana, Malawi, Kenya and Egypt in a week-long journey focusing on children. In it, Jackson wears a tan suit, tan fedora and black tie. No statements were made to the press.
Trump at first decried lifting the ban, but he did not intervene in a federal agency decision to begin judging the importation of elephant trophies on a "case-by-case basis".
The US first lady tour to Africa has been part of her BE BEST initiative which focuses on improving the lives of children.
"I'm not elected, he's the president", the First Lady said. "And that's what I want to share, that we care".
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Amy Schumer among those arrested before Kavanaugh vote
- 7 officers shot, 1 fatally, serving warrant in S. Carolina
- China inserted chips in Amazon and Apple hardware to spy
- We Expect Lots From Erik Lamela - Mauricio Pochettino On Winger
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Kavanaugh key vote due Friday, confirmation battle reaching finale
- Top Republicans eye Kavanaugh confirmation on Saturday
- Kershaw, Dodgers shut out Braves again to take 2-0 NLDS lead
- U.S. Republican Senator Murkowski says has not decided final Kavanaugh vote