"There is a lot of wickedness and a clear manhunt", Mourinho said.
But after being booed off at half-time, United avoided going five games without a win thanks to a thrilling second half fightback.
What a moment. United needed this entering the global break, but will it be enough for Mourinho to keep his job? "Even if we don't score the last goal, the feeling would be a positive feeling because as I was saying, nobody can promise to win matches, but the professionals should promise to give everything and that's what they gave".
None of them will be getting carried away. The Frenchman was seen by some as more of a figurehead or facilitator who was lucky to inherit a supremely talented squad that required minimal direction.
The goals led Mourinho to take Eric Bailly off after just 19 minutes, replacing him with Mata, and his defensive adjustments did not end there.
The confidence of the visiting fans belied the fact that they had yet to win any of their seven league games so far.
The Italian has a track record of taking Mourinho's teams and helping them rediscover their mojo. They made the difference.
"He's a good manager, but I want to try and concentrate on getting three points if we can".
"It´s ridiculous talk to say they don´t play for the manager, they play for the club".
The former England full-back added: "Eventually I've got to stand up and say, "look, I'm not good enough to do this". I think about how the club's been operated.
"I beat Liverpool at Anfield 4-0 and I was amazed to hear the stadium singing Liverpool songs".
A significant change to his routine in light of the rumours that emerged last night, Jose Mourinho addressed the situation in discussion with BT Sport in his pre-match comments.
The support is not unconditional.
RAFA BENITEZ has fired a cheeky sideswipe at Newcastle owner Mike Ashley's recent purchase purchase of the troubled House of Fraser chain.
While the grand old stadium was rocking, Mourinho barely reacted to Sanchez's victor.
- Officers Shot, 1 Fatally, in South Carolina; Suspect in Custody
- Amy Schumer among those arrested before Kavanaugh vote
- Theresa May, the Brexit dancing
- BIO Statement on the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement
- Anger over Brett Kavanaugh appointment
- Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino sentenced to prison for tax evasion
- US Senate confirms Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court justice
- Brett Kavanaugh: Key US senators back embattled Supreme Court choice
- Panthers say Reid wont be distraction vs. Giants
- Melania Trump in Egypt to Tour Pyramids, Sphinx