"I've already learned a few things from him, but this is just the start".
Mahrez has now missed five of his past eight Premier League penalties - one for City and four for his previous club Leicester City - and seems highly unlikely to be given another chance after blasting the ball over the bar in the 86th minute.
It's news that won't exactly thrill the other 19 Premier League clubs - as the BBC report: "Manchester City may be even better now than the team who earned a Premier League record 100 points, according to football statisticians at Gracenote. Maybe next season we will win".
"If it is an open game at Anfield, you don't even have one percent of a chance", he said.
"Up and down they are the best team in the world".
Their west London neighbors Chelsea have made an altogether more impressive start to the season and remain undefeated with nine wins from 11 competitive games this season.
"They are built for that, Jurgen (Klopp) is built for that".
However, there's no doubt that that the performance levels have been lower than what we've come to expect from this Liverpool side.
Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk was a relieved man after giving away a late penalty that Riyad Mahrez missed in a goalless draw with title rivals Manchester City on Sunday. "But now it is over so I can", said Klopp.
"Both teams did well, and we were a bit lucky with the penalty of course". Both teams were set up well out of possession but showed each other a lot of respect.
"It was a penalty and it shouldn't have happened, but I'm very happy we didn't concede".
Arsenal are improving under Unai Emery, and have won six league games on the bounce to move into the top four. We know this club how complicated it is playing in this stadium and how unsafe they are.
Even more positively for the Reds, with the worldwide break kicking off this week, the club do not have another game until the 20th of October against Huddersfield at the Kirklees Stadium.
- Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Confirmation Heralds New Conservative Era
- Here's the latest Facebook hoax you should know about
- Seoul: US, N. Korea Agree to Second Summit 'As Soon as Possible'
- Man City owner Sheik Mansour nearly bought Newcastle United
- Tropical Storm Michael could strengthen into hurricane, forecasters say
- Yankees make Price pay to square ALDS at a win apiece
- Officers Shot, 1 Fatally, in South Carolina; Suspect in Custody
- Kavanaugh 'Hoax Set Up By Dems' Will Cost Them In The Midterms
- US Senate confirms Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court justice
- Google+ leaked personal details, will be shut down