Here, Press Association Sport asks some of the key questions. Hazard ascending to the level of genuine Ballon d'Or contender under Sarri can only be good news for this season, but is there a point at which he becomes too good for Madrid to ignore and moves ahead of Neymar and Mbappe on merit?
A key element is the end of Hazard's contract which is in June, 2020.
"It's important [he stays] because he's been at Chelsea for a long time".
The Blues are, according to Sky Sports, hopeful they will be able to convince the Belgian to agree to a new deal and extend his stay with the London club despite talks failing past year as Madrid's interest emerged.
"I don't want that (to leave under a cloud like Courtois)", he is quoted as saying by Sky Sports.
"Maybe I would have better evaluated the offers I had from Italy, even if I really wanted to not give up and stay in the Premier League". "Maybe I need to think about that, some people only think about goals". "I could talk now", he said. I was dreaming about this club.
"The thing is that he has a very good relationship with the club, he's happy there and it's not like other cases when a player wants to leave a club at any cost". Sometimes I think I want to stay.
What is likely to happen next?I know if I stay I will be happy.
Yet worryingly for Chelsea, Hazard once again conceded that Real Madrid are a "dream" destination.
The clock ticks with extra speed at Real Madrid and it's clear that he will soon be out from the hot-seat unless he finds solutions fast.
Marca's front page on Wednesday morning claimed a transfer next summer was the most likely option when Hazard's price would be lower due to having 12 months left on his contract, and Morata confirmed that is a possibility. There are also questions over what state Real are in, after a floundering start under Julen Lopetegui in the post-Cristiano Ronaldo era. It is similar to how we played in France with Lille. On the pitch, Sarri has already revived the winger, freeing the Belgian of defensive responsibilities which were required under Conte and Jose Mourinho before him.
Willian floated a ball towards the far post where Olivier Giroud acrobatically volleyed back across the face of goal, allowing Barkley to add Chelsea's second from close range. 'I could talk now'.
United's next game is against his former team Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on October 20.
- Canada concerned over reports Saudi journalist killed
- Virgil van Dijk on the games which will define Liverpool’s title bid
- Seoul: US, N. Korea Agree to Second Summit 'As Soon as Possible'
- Saudi crown prince dismisses Trump remarks about reliance on U.S.
- 20 die in two-car accident involving wedding limo in upstate NY
- Man City owner Sheik Mansour nearly bought Newcastle United
- Could Susan Rice challenge Susan Collins in 2020?
- Chelsea join Man City and Liverpool at Premier League summit
- Tropical storm watch issued for Manatee as Tropical Storm Michael approaches Florida
- Panthers say Reid wont be distraction vs. Giants