Nevertheless, the meeting failed as Butler was "sitting out, awaiting the organization to honor his trade request" (Jon Krawczynski).
The Athletic's Sam Amick reported Thursday afternoon that the Sixers have decided not to pursue MinnesotaTimberwolves superstar Jimmy Butler after some preliminary conversations between the two sides. Despite their mutual interest, the Heat have reportedly "found it hard to get Minnesota to clearly communicate", according to Stein. If the falling-out hurt Butler's trade value to the point of a buy-low situation, the risks may have been worth it. But Butler and his agent Bernie Lee have informed Timberwolves ownership that Butler's preferred destination is Miami, according to The New York Times, citing unidentified league sources. Although Miami has stepped forward as the front runner for Butler, there was a time last week that the Clippers were seen as the favorite to land the All-Star.
Although, it's not clear if that would be enough to cause the Wolves to pull the trigger on a deal.
"That leaves rookie point guard Collin Sexton, the 8th overall pick in the 2018 NBA Draft, as the most talented player that they have left on the roster".
In July, Butler reportedly turned down Minnesota's four-year extension offer worth US$110 million (RM456 million).
"Spoelstra really wants to make this happen", ESPN's Brian Windhorst said on "The Jump".
Just like that, the Tom Thibodeau/Jimmy Butler marriage is over... and the Atlanta Hawks could reap the benefits if the cards fall their way. The Heat could be keeping Richardson off limits equally because of how well he and Butler could work together and simply because they think they have the leverage to do so.
If Cleveland is going to make trades, they need to not swing at one-year rental possibilities.
- 20 die in two-car accident involving wedding limo in upstate NY
- Paradigm Shift Needed to Avert Chaos — UN Climate Report
- Google+ Shutting Down After Bug Leaks Info of 500k Accounts
- Canada concerned over reports Saudi journalist killed
- The latest on Tropical Storm Michael
- Deadly limo crash kills 20 people
- United Nations report calls for urgent action to avert catastrophic climate change
- Rick Porcello ready to attack Yankees hitters in Game 4
- Missing journalist: Ankara expects Riyadh's cooperation
- Google+ leaked personal details, will be shut down