John Terry has retired from football after a 20-year career.
Recent reports have linked Terry with the assistant manager's job at Aston Villa after Bruce was sacked last week.
Henry watched Monaco's 2-1 Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid last month and has been persuaded to take the job after seeking advice from France coach Didier Deschamps.
Former Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane, who is now unemployed, has also made massive steps as a first team coach, having already won nine trophies at the highest level, including three UEFA Champions League titles.
While Terry's success on the field is unquestioned, given how many trophies he lifted for boyhood club Chelsea, he divides opinion among followers of other clubs after controversies during his career.
However, Brentford revealed on Wednesday night that Smith has left Griffin Park to take over his boyhood club. He was the club's most successful captain.
Terry spent nearly his entire playing career at Chelsea and is thrilled to see how well the Blues have started under Maurizio Sarri. I know they're not Premier League but Villa are a club that have certainly got potential to get back into the Premier League. I hope I have done you all proud wearing the shirt and the armband.
He was stripped of the England captaincy twice and retired from global football in 2012 in a cloud of acrimony after the Football Association opted to charge him with racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.
"It was a privilege to represent such a renowned football club with great fans. I look forward to the next chapter in my life and the challenges ahead".
- Kavanaugh to hear his first arguments as Supreme Court justice
- Panthers say Reid wont be distraction vs. Giants
- The latest on Tropical Storm Michael
- Seoul: US, N. Korea Agree to Second Summit 'As Soon as Possible'
- Virgil van Dijk on the games which will define Liverpool’s title bid
- Kavanaugh 'Hoax Set Up By Dems' Will Cost Them In The Midterms
- Yankees make Price pay to square ALDS at a win apiece
- Rick Porcello ready to attack Yankees hitters in Game 4
- Could Susan Rice challenge Susan Collins in 2020?
- Kim Jong-un wants Pope Francis to visit North Korea, says Seoul