Such distinctions belonged to Kanye West.
The rapper didn't rap. West's social media pages show him in a red "Make America Great Again" hat, and he has said he wishes to facilitate conversations between the president and opponents like National Football League free agent Colin Kaepernick. We just say positive, lovely, divine, universal words. But the campaign "I'm with her" just didn't make me feel, as a guy that didn't get to see my dad all the time, like a guy that could play catch with his son, ' said West.
"They tried to scare me to not wear this hat, my own friends, but this hat it gives me, it gives me power".
It was a surreal scene even by the standards of a nonconventional White House.
During one pause, Trump seemed to acknowledge the oddness of the moment, saying, "That was quite something".
West recently made waves by wearing Trump's signature "Make America Great Again" hat during an appearance on NBC's "Saturday Night Live" and delivering a pro-Trump speech after the show went off the air.
"There were people who said Trump would never win", West said in the interview. The reality star and entrepreneur was also instrumental in securing a commutation for Alice Marie Johnson, a woman serving a life sentence over non-violent drug charges. "We have the right to bear arms", West said.
"We don't have the reparations but we have the 13th Amendment", he said of the amendment that abolished slavery in 1865.
During a meeting with President Donald Trump at the White House on Thursday, the Grammy-winning rapper unlocked his iPhone simply using the passcode "000000", apparently to show the president an animated GIF. "This right here is the iPlane 1. And this is what our President should be flying in".
On his way out the door, Jenkins reported that West said that he's going to Africa. This is our president.
Kanye replied: "It was from the soul". "You are tasting a fine wine that has multiple notes in it", he said.
I watched the whole thing because, again, how could you not? The number one thing he wanted to discuss with Trump, he said, is "stop and frisk" law enforcement practices that allow police to stop and search people on the street. The artist suggested that stop-and-frisk "does not help the relationships" in the city.
- John Terry announces retirement from playing football
- Google to shut down Google+ after security glitch
- Google+ Shutting Down After Bug Leaks Info of 500k Accounts
- Missing journalist: Ankara expects Riyadh's cooperation
- Michael officially a hurricane, tropical storm effects expected in Chatham County
- Princess Eugenie & Jack Brooksbank's Wedding Party Revealed - See the Bridesmaids & Page Boys!
- Canada concerned over reports Saudi journalist killed
- Dubai Test ends in draw as Usman, Paine lead Australia's fightback
- Trump declares Kavanaugh 'proven innocent', internet calls him out
- Kavanaugh to hear his first arguments as Supreme Court justice