In a game which rarely lived up to the pre-match hype, although the Reds started brightly as Mohamed Salah shot wide. In the 86th minute, Virgil van Dijk attempted a reckless tackle on Leroy Sane bringing him down in the box.
Liverpool have faced Spurs, Chelsea and City in three of their past four league games, winning one and drawing two.
The injury is not thought to be severe, sources say, but it will likely see the 32-year-old miss some time.
"It makes them the biggest force at the moment - together with PSG - in world football".
City will once again try to end their Anfield hoodoo, having not won at Liverpool's famous stadium since a late Nicolas Anelka victor in 2003 - that's before some of today's teenage City fans were even born! But we have to make sure we manage it until the end of the season to keep it like this. Although you're much more nervous before these type of games than in others maybe, even then after your first successful pass, first successful tackle or your first good dribble, you get more and more confidence. But despite seeing Mahrez waste the chance to bag three points, City at least ended their miserable Anfield run and denied the home side a morale-boosting victory in their bid to win the title for the first time since 1990.
'We want to get as close as possible and do as well as we can but we know it is going to be hard. Gabriel Jesus was telling him to hand the ball over.
"Yes, he wanted it", said Guardiola, who had already substituted chief penalty-taker Sergio Aguero. It was a penalty and it shouldn't have happened, but I'm very happy we didn't concede. The Cityzens eventually went on to lose that match 3-0 and 5-1 on aggregate as Jurgen Klopp's men marched on to the finals. I think that showed at times today when they were dominant and had a lot of the ball.
Egyptian worldwide Mohamed Salah scored 44 goals last season in all competitions and bagged the Premier League golden boot. "We were lucky in that situation, but we deserve this bit of luck with the performance".
- Kanye West Meets with Trump at White House
- John Terry announces retirement from playing football
- Half of mental health disorders arise in adolescence
- Dubai Test ends in draw as Usman, Paine lead Australia's fightback
- Kavanaugh to hear his first arguments as Supreme Court justice
- Tropical Storm Michael could bring heavy rainfall to Mexico, Cuba, Gulf Coast
- International Monetary Fund upgrades outlook on Russian Federation as economy recovers
- Storm Callum: Flood defences fail and homes without power
- 11-Year-Old Girl Killed by Windborne Carport Amid Hurricane Michael
- Dow Jones Falls 545 Points