Eden Hazard has revealed that Chelsea told him he couldn't leave in the summer and he had no choice but to accept it. The only side he is being linked to at the moment is Real Madrid, the same club that have been sniffing around the Belgian for a few years, and the player himself hasn't ruled himself out of a future move.
Despite a victory over Newcastle United, Mourinho remains under pressure at United as he prepares for next weekend's trip to Hazard's Chelsea.
"The last season under Mourinho was not pleasant anymore".
Mourinho, who is under pressure once again, this time at United, was sacked in 2015 with Chelsea a point above the relegation zone during their title defence.
Hazard featured 125 times under Mourinho at Chelsea, scoring 36 goals and assisting a further 30 strikes.
"We will see. I don't want to talk about this every day". Then he is a friend of yours - you can do whatever you want (laughs).
"Chelsea were clear with me [in the summer]". But I will never go into conflict with a club.
Hazard is set to come up against his former boss when United travel to Stamford Bridge next Saturday, and despite admitting that it was the right decision for Mourinho to leave Chelsea three years ago, Hazard maintains there is no other manager he would rather play for again.
The Belgium worldwide has also made it clear that he plans to leave on "good terms" with Chelsea should an agreement be reached with Madrid at the end of the season.
Hazard has said time and time again he is happy to remain at Chelsea but with just over two years left on his current deal with the Blues, the winger who is now in the form of his life knows that any kind of statement he makes about a potential transfer will be amplified in the coming months. "You have to get the fruits of your labour".
- "Michael" - the most powerful hurricane in the United States for 14 years
- Chiefs will play without some key pass-rush pieces against Tom Brady
- Ariana Grande & Pete Davidson: It's Over!
- Klobuchar Calls for CDC Investigation of Polio-Like Illness
- Sears files for bankruptcy, stores stay open
- Saudis Rebuff Trump Threat of Sanctions for Missing Journalist
- Saudi Arabia Vows Retaliation if Punished over Missing Critic
- I don't trust the staff, says Melania Trump
- 10 footballers who played with Thierry Henry at Monaco
- Dallas Cowboys finally run Dak Prescott, blowout the Jaguars