Tom Brady secured his 200th regular season win - the most for a quarterback in National Football League history. You know how the next few kickoffs went: just like most have when this team found itself bloodied in September.
That's what Mahomes did.
New England already allowed two touchdowns in the game to Hill, but that apparently wasn't enough.
Finally, Mahomes came across an opponent he couldn't outscore.
"Rob makes a lot of big plays blocking and receiving", Patriots coach Bill Belichick said. They've been scoring a lot of points all year. It can only help this group's confidence and mental toughness as they build on a thrilling win. Just battling for 60 minutes.
Mahomes and the Chiefs are 5-1 this season. The Chiefs still hold a one-game lead over the Patriots and anyone else in the AFC.
The Patriots didn't play badly and lose badly as they did the last two times the Chiefs saw them in the regular season.
"He's by far the fastest person that I've ever came in contact with", Harmon said. Inexplicably, the Chiefs decided that after double-teaming Gronkowski basically the whole game it would be a good idea for cornerback Josh Shaw to cover him man-to-man.
It took one play to even things up.
"If we have a turnover on offense, the offense has faith that defense will go out there and get a stop". "I feel like we moved the ball well the entire night". Here's what it looked like in the end zone after Hill's score.
For the year, Gostkowski is 12-for-13 on field goals. The game might have been only the opening chapter of their rivalry. The play knotted the score at 40-40 with 3:03 left to play in the game, with Hill getting deep into the secondary and then accelerating away, stealing back the momentum for Kansas City and setting up an unbelievable finish.
"I just told him good luck for the rest of the season", he said.
Tom Brady once again proved that you can't give him time to lead a game-winning drive and Rob Gronkowski showed that he is almost impossible to tackle.
- Klobuchar Calls for CDC Investigation of Polio-Like Illness
- I don't trust the staff, says Melania Trump
- Latest updates: British designers made Eugenie's wedding dress
- Chiefs will play without some key pass-rush pieces against Tom Brady
- Rescue efforts continue in USA amid hurricane Michael devastation
- Saudis Rebuff Trump Threat of Sanctions for Missing Journalist
- Ariana Grande & Pete Davidson: It's Over!
- Trump says Federal Reserve ‘has gone crazy’ after big stock drop
- "Michael" - the most powerful hurricane in the United States for 14 years
- Pres. Trump steps up his attacks on Federal Reserve's rate hikes