Winks was absent long-term following an ankle operation and Barkley has had a series of problems which prevented him playing properly until this season, ruling both of them out of the World Cup. When Croatia and Belgium, twice, came calling, England came up short.
In the space of twenty minutes, Sterling doubled his goal tally for England (he had previously scored 2) which also meant that Spain lost their first competitive game at home in 15 years.
Real Madrid have a shortlist full of superstars, from the Ligue 1 all the way to the Premier League with the club looking to make their next big signing. In perhaps her best performance, Audrey Hepburn's Doolittle manages it when she enunciates the phrase "the rain in Spain is mostly in the plain".
Dier starred for England last night as England beat Spain 3-1. However, despite his stunning performances, it's now seven games without a goal for England. Former England manager Sam Allardyce was one of those impressed by Dier's intervention, saying "I loved it! But I've contributed to the team and that's important to me", Kane said. They have seen off Germany, France and Brazil as well in friendlies.
"The coach asked us to be ourselves, as we have been in previous matches, but we couldn't".
The last Englishman to score in Spain before Sterling was Gary Lineker, way back in 1987!
This won't do anything to help Sergio Ramos' reputation. Change perceptions of what England teams can do.
We've selected seven of the best since 2000 - have a go at ranking them.
"We've had some young players to have emerged who have given us some more options and right across the week, the mentality of the players has been outstanding and they should enjoy tonight".
Southgate and his squad will return home on Tuesday, before they meet up again next month for a Wembley double-header with United States of America on Thursday 15 November and Croatia on Sunday 18 November.
England's sense of panic in the second half in Seville was reminiscent of their frenzied play under pressure against Croatia in Russian Federation. "It's something to work on".
Now though, the 32-year-old has moved to clarify what really went on.
- Dallas Cowboys finally run Dak Prescott, blowout the Jaguars
- Saudis said ready to concede writer was slain in botched interrogation
- 10 footballers who played with Thierry Henry at Monaco
- Turkish daily 'Sabah' journalist denies Khashoggi recording claim
- How does Princess Eugenie's wedding dress stack up against Meghan and Kate's?
- Chiefs will play without some key pass-rush pieces against Tom Brady
- Sears files for bankruptcy, stores stay open
- Rescue efforts continue in USA amid hurricane Michael devastation
- Tom Brady Reveals What Went Through His Mind When The Chiefs Scored
- Met Office updates yellow weather warning as Storm Callum approaches