As the chopper crossed from the beachside into Panama City proper, Holton noted the damage was more severe on the city side.
"I turned my phone on this morning and it started going insane", she said.
Local 10 News reporter Christian De La Rosa was in Mexico Beach Tuesday following search crews from South Florida who are on the ground carrying out the recovery missions.
The company also said it is offering one month of free service to affected customers.
State officials say they will announce storm-related fatalities once they are officially certified by local medical examiners.
Michael slammed into the northwest coastal strip of Florida last Wednesday with top sustained winds of 155 miles per hour (250 km/h), unleashing a surge of seawater that demolished homes. AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile also said they had restored service in most areas but still were experiencing outages in the Florida Panhandle.
Only one person remained missing in Mexico Beach, Cathey said, adding that authorities were nearly certain that that person evacuated before Michael and simply hasn't been contacted. As the New York Times reported, the 3-story house built by Dr. Lebron Lackey and his uncle Russell King was the only one remaining on his beachfront block and one of the few left standing in the flattened landscape of the Florida Panhandle town.
Mexico Beach Mayor Al Cathey said two deaths were confirmed in his town, a man and a woman who did not evacuate and whose homes were destroyed.
Armed looters are targeting homes and businesses that remain without electricity after being ravaged by Hurricane Michael a week ago.
Countless others in the region's backcountry have struggled for days without running water or sanitation, awaiting help from authorities.
She was then able to inform emergency responders that her relatives were in need of rescue, and they cleared the path to the property. A number of food and water distribution points were operating for affected residents throughout the state.
She said search and rescue teams were making their final sweep of the area and they're optimistic about finding the other three.
In the nearby city of Lynn Haven, where blue tarps topped numerous homes, Trump walked up to a house where a massive pine tree lay on the front yard next to a palm tree that stood tall.
Wireless carriers' failure to fully restore cellular service in Florida after Hurricane Michael "is completely unacceptable", Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai said today in a rare rebuke of the industry that he regulates.
- Dortmund deny claims a price has been set for Jadon Sancho
- Saudis Rebuff Trump Threat of Sanctions for Missing Journalist
- Tom Brady Reveals What Went Through His Mind When The Chiefs Scored
- Klobuchar Calls for CDC Investigation of Polio-Like Illness
- Elizabeth Warren Releases Results of Full DNA Test
- Brexit talks stalled, civil servants tell ministers to implement no deal plans
- White Woman Who Falsely Accused Black Boy Of Sexual Harassment Apologizes
- Sears files for bankruptcy, stores stay open
- Chiefs will play without some key pass-rush pieces against Tom Brady
- Met Office updates yellow weather warning as Storm Callum approaches