The Cavs acquired Nance, son of the Cavs legend Larry Nance Sr., at the deadline last year in the major roster shakeup, and the 25-year-old played well for Cleveland.
As his soggy sandals squished across the carpeted floor inside the visitor's locker room at Scotiabank Arena, Love quipped about needing extra time to "wash all the ugliness away" before heading to the team bus and embarking on Cleveland's next challenge.
"I feel like there's no pressure on us".
Nance Jr and co. will be looking to get their season off to the best possible start when they take on the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night.
Last season, Cleveland cruised through the Eastern Conference play-offs before meeting the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. After claiming the first rebound of the game off a Cleveland Cavaliers miss, he dribbled the basketball with those large mitts across the timeline to a round of applause and received a screen from Jonas Valanciunas. "Everyone who says play-offs is overachieving (for a Cavs team without James) doesn't know our squad and doesn't believe in our squad". "That's the expectation of the experts".
Larry Nance Jr. looked out at the crowd gathered in the gym and knew he made the right choice. They had told me they didn't want to take a huge step back. There were some small things that didn't go our way or we didn't do tonight.
"We're a play-off team", he said. I grew up here. "They gave me some more energy".
"I think the thing with Cleveland is they're going to come in with an edge because James isn't there and they want to prove to the world that they can play a little bit without him", Nurse said.
The play might be spotty at times - in fact, it's nearly assured that there will be gruesome stretches given the time of year - but there are intriguing matchups all over the floor and any intelligence that can be gathered Friday might come in handy in May.
"I'm very fortunate and very happy where I am now in my 11th year".
Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue has a message for Cavs All-Star forward Kevin Love: play like an "A-hole".
- Mourinho is one coach I want to be reunited with: Hazard
- Koreas to break ground on railway, road connections by early December
- YouTube Faces Widespread Outage, Says "Working On Resolving This"
- Lindsey Graham Taking DNA Test to "Beat" Elizabeth Warren
- Judge OKs Tesla and Elon Musk's settlement with SEC
- Unvaccinated child dies from flu in Florida
- Turkish daily 'Sabah' journalist denies Khashoggi recording claim
- Roseanne Barr takes to Twitter to blast character's fate on show
- Adobe to finally bring the ‘real’ Photoshop to iPads
- Meghan Markle wows with banana bread on Australia tour