The Brazilian global went on to say that he felt Ianni never meant to offend Manchester United and claimed that the assistant coach's manner of celebration was due to the match being a highly-charged affair.
"It is alleged that his behaviour in the 96th minute constituted improper conduct".
Ianni has until Thursday to respond to the charges.
Mourinho, though, will be relieved that on this occasion, he is in the clear.
Both Ianni and Sarri have since apologised to Mourinho, with the United manager saying he now considers the matter closed.
Rooney says it's up to the players to put in the performances and Mourinho is an easy target for United's detractors.
Do you think Mourinho went too far?
Jose Mourinho and Marco Ianni could land themselves in hot water with the FA following Saturday's touchline brawl.
Speaking on American broadcaster NBC, the 41-year-old said: "Whoever that staff member is of Chelsea has just been an absolute disgrace".
Asked about his disappearing tatts, midfielder Barkley, 24, said: "I got them at a young age and sometimes when you are young you do stupid things and don't think about it. I'm not going to kill you because of one.' He apologised and I accepted it".
"The situation was only resolved when Chelsea made Ianni apologise to Mourinho".
Ed Woodward is also a huge fan of Martial and is keen to wrap up a contract extension for the Frenchman while he is happy as soon as possible, and could offer him as much as £175,000-a-week.
United have also altered their pre-match routine for their next match, when they play Juventus at Old Trafford on Tuesday evening.
"I would really like the boy not to go through more than that, let him work". He took a lot of stick but behind closed doors I said to the players we have to be doing better.
- 'I'm happy' - Ronaldo looks forward to United reunion
- Trump Wants to Define Transgender Out of Existence — NY Times
- Jose Mourinho in scuffle on return to Stamford Bridge
- Khashoggi killing: All eyes on Turkey as calls for answers remain
- United States will pull out of nuclear weapons treaty with Russia: President Trump
- Jose Mourinho labelled RECKLESS by Gary Neville for Chelsea decision
- Emery: Ramsey treated like every other player
- Mustafi: Ozil makes Arsenal a 'dangerous' team
- Title-chasing Hamilton forced to wait as Raikkonen wins US Grand Prix
- Pressure Mounts On Lopetegui As Madrid Beaten By Levante, Set Record