"I feel like I owe everyone an apology", Reigns said. The team that gave me a chance with the WWE, said a grateful Reigns.Reigns vowed to return with a new outlook and a new objective in WWE. "Because after I'm done whipping leukemia's ass once again, I'm coming back home".
He had been scheduled to defend his WWE Universal championship in two weeks against Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman, but relinquished the title Monday night.
The 33-year-old made it clear he was not delivering a retirement speech but that he could no longer be a "fighting champion". "I can't put into works what it means to me". I didn't have a job, I didn't have any money, I didn't have a home. But you wanna know who gave me a chance? You've always reacted and that's the most important thing, and for that, I have to say thank you so much. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball.
After his emotional address, he was given a hug by Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins, his partners from The Shield wrestling group.
"Roman Reigns exemplifies everything I believe a true leader should be", he wrote.
Rumours had swirled that the Big Dog had suffered an injury which led to his removal from WWE live events this past weekend, but as he was about to reveal, Reigns is going through something a lot worse.
Introducing himself as Joe (Anoa'i), Reigns opened up for the crowd. He commended him for being a fighter and a leader in and out of the ring but also acknowledged that the show must go on.
Scroll through to read just a handful of the well-wishes Reigns has received from his co-workers. You will see me soon!, Reigns vowed as the crowd cheered.
Meltzer also noted that the entire Crown Jewel event is now in jeopardy as the chances of the show happening as scheduled are looking worse than they did last week.
Reigns, whose real name is Joe Anoa'i, made the announcement on Monday's edition of the WWE flagship show Raw.
- Arab states hail Saudi explanation on Khashoggi killing
- Pressure Mounts On Lopetegui As Madrid Beaten By Levante, Set Record
- United States will pull out of nuclear weapons treaty with Russia: President Trump
- Thousands take to streets in London demanding second Brexit vote
- Trump, Ryan concerned by Khashoggi disappearance | Lexington Herald Leader
- Trump's October Surprise for Dems Is New 'Middle Class Tax Cut'
- Trump Wants to Define Transgender Out of Existence — NY Times
- Mega Millions numbers for $1B jackpot announced
- Kevin De Bruyne On Bench - Manchester City Team vs Burnley Confirmed
- Chelsea coach Ianni charged over Mourinho fracas