A single ticket sold in SC matched all numbers in the historic drawing to make the lucky holder of the ticket rich beyond belief.
One winning ticket was sold in SC for Tuesday night's record-shattering Mega Millions jackpot worth at least $1.6 billion, the state's official lottery website reported.
The jackpot numbers were: 28, 70, 5, 62, 65, with a Mega Ball of 5.
Meanwhile, South Carolina Education Lottery Chief Operating Officer Tony Cooper had some advice for the victor, who has 180 days to claim his or her prize: "Sign the back of that (ticket)".
The next jackpot victor could come from anywhere.
"It's a big, big win for South Carolina", Cooper said. In South Carolina, for example, where the winning Mega Millions ticket was sold, there is a 7% state income tax on the highest earners.
"The moment we've been waiting for finally arrived, and we couldn't be more excited", said Gordon Medenica, lead director of Mega Millions Group. That's okay. There's always the Powerball, scheduled to be drawn Wednesday night.
The Powerball jackpot stands at an estimated $620 million.
Wednesday, Powerball will draw for the sixth largest jackpot in United States history.
The stakes could also be a boon for Simpsonville, Mayor Janice Curtis said.
"This could be a good and bad thing", she said.
The store became a gathering spot for local and national media as well as customers hoping to cash in on the store's success.
Then, there is the other news.
Each Powerball ticket is $2.
"I said, 'How does it feel to be a millionaire?'" he told Virginia Lottery officials.
He bought seven Powerball tickets, one for each member of his family.
According to the Minnesota Lottery's Adam Prock, the seven tickets matched four of the first five numbers plus the Mega Ball to be worth $10,000 each. Tune in just before 11 p.m. for the winning numbers. "But it's still a lot of money!"
- Trump Wants to Define Transgender Out of Existence — NY Times
- Migrant Caravan: Trump: Will cut aid if caravan is not stopped
- Thousands take to streets in London demanding second Brexit vote
- Saudi King Salman meets with family members of slain journalist
- Kevin De Bruyne On Bench - Manchester City Team vs Burnley Confirmed
- Vladimir Putin-Donald Trump bromance to continue in Paris
- 'I'm happy' - Ronaldo looks forward to United reunion
- National Basketball Association doles out suspensions for Lakers-Rockets brawl
- Chelsea coach Ianni charged over Mourinho fracas
- Cowboys acquire Amari Cooper from Raiders for 1st-rounder