For his first game for a while, his second start from the beginning, it was good, really good. He was very aggressive, and quite impressive. No way. It is inconceivable that he is approaching this game in this manner with his players. "That was the start, now he has to carry on". What must also be pleasing for Klopp is that he was not only contributing in a defensive sense.
The result put Liverpool on top of Group C after the other game ended in a 2-2 draw between Paris St Germain and Napoli, but Klopp will know two wins against Red Star are a minimum requirement if the Reds are to qualify.
And Klopp's tolerant nature does not just apply to new signings. He suffered life-changing brain injuries when he was attacked by Roma fans outside Anfield before Liverpool's Champions League semi-final against the Italian side in April. They did it eight times last season.
It was a memorable night for Salah as he broke his four-game goal drought to silence his critics while also breaking multiple records.
People say it is impossible to break up Liverpool's three-man attack of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mané when they are all fit but if anyone is going to do it, Shaqiri can.
His 21-minute substitute appearance in last weekend's victory at Huddersfield is still the only league football he has to his name this season, with Klopp appearing to have done a masterful job of integrating him carefully into his line-up. "We did a lot and it's good to see that it worked out somehow".
'I don't want to tell you what should expect (against Cardiff) but it was good, it looked good, ' Klopp said.
"You can't win 4-0 if most of the things are not good, and tonight most of the things were really good". When I watched games back to learn a bit more about the team, I think he played mostly as a left-back, wing-back or whatever, so it was good, but it was not "okay, that will change the football world".
Cardiff City skipper Sean Morrison has warned Liverpool that they will be facing a tough and hungry bunch of lads when they line up against the Bluebirds at Anfield on Saturday.
- CNN device was pipe bomb, addressed to Brennan
- Lottery fever remains in Kentucky as Powerball approaches $620 million
- Summer Signing Could Start For Liverpool Against Red Star Belgrade
- Package intercepted at DE mail facility, addressed to Joe Biden
- Turkish Employees of Saudi Consulate Give Statements in Khashoggi Probe
- Megyn Kelly, Elizabeth Warren and PC Power
- Iran's oil minister says USA sanctions can not stop crude exports
- [First Cut] iPhone XR: The "Affordable" New iPhone
- Video shows Saudi using Khashoggi body double
- May says 95% of Brexit deal agreed with EU