That's cool enough, but things intensified when it came out that Peterson specifically wants to join the Saints.
At 28 years old, Peterson may be entering the latter stages of his prime, but he's still one of the league's best players at a premium position, and one that happens to be arguably Tampa Bay's biggest need. He has made 29 solo tackles with six assists. There's also the fact that the Bears' secondary is already super-talented, highlighed by Bryce Callahan and Eddie Jackson both making it onto Pro Football Focus' first quarter All-Pro team. Arizona has struggled tremendously on that side of the ball now ranks 16th against the pass while being 21st with 7.6 yards per pass attempt allowed, and 29th with an opposing 69.1 percent completion rate. They would be able to get their asking price.
At 1-6, Arizona has a very tall mountain to climb to match their record of 8-8 in 2017.
Here's a look at five contenders who should think about going after Peterson.
After a couple of weeks of turmoil surrounding the team, the Suns were able to trade Bledsoe on November 7.
Peterson is performing at a high level.
Peterson was originally selected by the Cardinals out of LSU with the fifth pick in the 2011 draft. Who is pursuing him?
Peterson's cousin Bryant McFadden tweeted that Peterson prefers to land on the New Orleans Saints. Arizona could deny his request. If the Eagles were to acquire Peterson, they could put him on one side of the field, playing opposite of Ronald Darby.
It will be interesting to see the Cardinals roster over the next week.
- Central Intelligence Agency gets hands on 'all Turkey's Khashoggi murder evidence'
- Florida Democrat Andrew Gillum targeted by second racist robocall
- China and Russian Federation are reportedly eavesdropping on Trump's phone calls
- Tim Cook Calls for Strong Privacy Protections
- Google To Release Software Update For Photo Saving Issue
- Red Dead Redemption 2 finally launches on Xbox One
- Google fires dozens for sexual harassment in 2 years
- U.S. Foils Terror Explosives Packages to Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, CNN
- Package intercepted at DE mail facility, addressed to Joe Biden
- In Brazil started the second round of presidential elections