In February 2011, Christchurch on the South Island was struck by a magnitude-6.3 natural disaster which killed 185 people and injured several thousand.
Earlier this afternoon the North Island was struck by a moderate, 6.2 magnitude natural disaster near the town of Taumarunui.
The quake was reported as "strong" and "widely felt" by GeoNet, with a depth of 193km.
Elsewhere, The Sun reported more than 9000 people had reported feeling the natural disaster within 10 minutes of it striking.
Hawke's Bay Civil Defence recommended people affected by the shaking should "drop and hold on tight".
As a matter of fact, there's a new report that says Thomas is so desperate to reach out to the Duchess of Sussex that he is willing to have the Archbishop get involved and worse, has reportedly considered legal action to fight for access to his future grandchild.
Meghan planted a kōwhai tree, which was chosen because it featured on her bridal veil.
THE nine-hour wait to catch a glimpse of Harry and Meghan proved worth every minute for two ten-year-old girls who bagged a picture with the royal couple.
Meghan, sipping from a cup of tea and wearing a grey Club Monaco trench coat to ward off the Wellington chill, added: "You're all doing really excellent work". While in Auckland the royal couple will also participate in a gumboot-throwing contest, meet representatives of the Pillars charity and attend a reception hosted by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
Harry and Meghan were greeted with a powhiri - a ceremony involving singing and dancing - in Wellington.
Members of Parliament said they felt the full force of the quake.
The caption also credited the Duchess of Sussex for capturing Prince Harry on the stage.
"My wife and I are delighted to be here at the opening of this covenant, which will form part of The QueensCanopy network", Prince Harry said in a speech at the event.
Deputy speaker Anne Tolley made the call to suspend parliament.
We honestly never tire of hearing royal news, especially when it's about the royal baby.
'There were public in the galleries and people need to just make sure their staff are OK.
"I wasn't sure if I was supposed to shake their hands".
- How major U.S. stock indexes fared Wednesday
- Active shooter at Tree of Life Congregation Synagogue in Pittsburgh
- Futile To Talk of Paul Pogba Return, Juventus Vice-President Says
- Red Dead Redemption 2 finally launches on Xbox One
- Leicester City owner's chopper crashes outside stadium
- Cardinals Star Cornerback Patrick Peterson Requests Trade
- Islamic Jihad group announces Gaza ceasefire with Israel
- Mexico offers temporary permits to caravan migrants seeking asylum
- U.S. Foils Terror Explosives Packages to Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, CNN
- Elina Svitolina claims WTA Finals title in Singapore