Apple has confirmed a slew of features for its next software update, including a depth control feature through its camera app, and dual SIM support for its new iPhone range. The ability to video call with up to 32 people on iOS and macOS devices is now available with this update. Earlier, it was possible to control the depth of field only post-capture. While this isn't an entirely new iOS, it's an important update that delivers promised features that the initial version of iOS 12 missed, as well as some much-needed performance improvements.
Apple's privacy tools now go beyond Europe, so more now get to download the personal data it has collected. Its iPhone User Guide has just been updated for iOS 12.1, and it confirms a number of big features are finally on the way. The feature integrates with iMessage as well, meaning you can easily call your iMessage group from the Messages app anytime you want, and members can join at any time, even after the call has started. To solidify 12.1's relevance, over 70 new emoji are on board here.
Speaking of the camera, iOS 12.1 will allow iPhone XS/XR owners to adjust the depth of field/bokeh in the live preview of a portrait shot.
After that, you're all set to enjoy iOS 12.1. Dual SIM support has been a standard feature on Android smartphones for years, but Apple has shown resistance towards it. All that said, Apple's work with iOS 12 is far from over. Instead of choosing a frame with a short shutter speed to freeze motion and preserve detail, it would sometimes choose a frame with longer shutter speed. The update will also add support for over 70 new emojis and fix the BeautyGate issues on the iPhone XS series for good. Apple says, they are working with local telcos to bring eSIM support to Malaysia but there's no timeline for that at the moment. Users will be able to activate an additional cellular plan from a carrier without having to use a physical nano-SIM.
- 4 leaders want committee on Syrian constitution
- McLaren's $2.1 million supercar
- Boston Crime Boss Whitey Bulger Dead at 89, Found Dead in Prison
- Cricket Australia 'partly to blame' in ball-tampering scandal
- Leicester City owner's chopper crashes outside stadium
- Expected XI vs Inter Milan, Lionel Messi out of Champions League tie
- Report details how furious Aaron Rodgers was with Ty Montgomery
- How major U.S. stock indexes fared Wednesday
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off pre-wedding celebrations
- Adorable moment Meghan Markle gives cakes to kids at Maranui cafe