Mahrez dedicates victor to Leicester owner as City return to top

Wednesday, 31 Oct, 2018

Manx company "Foxborough" owns the helicopter which crashed on Saturday (27 October), killing five people, including Leicester City club owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha. Vichai's son Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, known as "Top", is chief executive of his father's duty-free empire King Power and also vice-chairman of the football club Vichai bought in 2010.

Miss Suknamai was a former beauty queen and actress who had worked for Mr Srivaddhanaprabha for several years.

'An announcement on the rearrangement of the club's EFL Cup Fourth Round tie against Southampton, postponed earlier this week, will be made in due course'.

Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo was respectful of Leicester's wish to return to action seven days after the horrific accident.

Tributes have poured in since Srivaddhanaprabha was killed on Saturday night when his helicopter went down shortly after taking off from the King Power stadium pitch after Leicester's match against West Ham.

As a mark of respect, players will wear black armbands at all Premier League fixtures this weekend.

On Monday Vichai's wife and son laid a wreath at the stadium where the City team and manager Claude Puel viewed tributes laid by fans.

The Algerian worldwide was a key player in Leicester's miraculous Premier League title win in 2016, joining the club from French side Le Havre two years before. My objective when I arrived at Leicester was to secure Premier League safety, then we all know what happened.

'His quiet yet authoritative aura, presence and personality have had an immeasurable influence on English football.

"He was forever trying to improve a club that lingered between the Premier League and the championship and even lower".

"The King Power Stadium is already a celebration of Khun Vichai's successful business and we would be open, with family, club and supporter consultation, to discussing a name change in Khun Vichai's honor".

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch said it had recovered the flight data recorder and would remain in the city until the end of the week before transporting the wreckage to its facilities in Farnborough.