A fourth child, 11-year-old Maverik Lowe, was flown to a hospital to undergo emergency surgery.
An Indiana girl died while trying to shield her 6-year-old twin brothers from an oncoming auto, the children's uncle told CBS News.
Xzavier Ingle, 6, Mason Ingle, 6, and Alivia Stahl, 9, all siblings, died after being hit.
The bus driver told police he thought Shepherd's truck was a good distance away and waved the children across the highway. Police said he suffered broken bones but was conscious.
The warrant alleged three felony charges for reckless homicide and a misdemeanor count for passing a school bus, with the stop arm extended, causing an injury.
As the kids crossed the southbound section of the road, a 2017 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck slammed into them, killing them all at the scene, according to CBS News.
Police arrested Shepherd on Tuesday afternoon after they said she failed to come to a halt while the bus was stopped.
Alivia, Mason and Xzavier were all killed.
"I haven't seen first responders and troopers cry in a long time", Slocum, a sergeant with the Indiana State Police, told ABC7.
She was released from the Fulton County Jail Tuesday evening on a $15,000 bond, according to ABC News. Tony Slocum calls the accident a "terrible tragedy".
'When the children's father had to make identification of his children, that was just gut-wrenching. "They were kind", Ingle said.
The siblings' uncle, Elgin Ingle, said it appeared as though Alivia had tried to step in front of the boys to protect them.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to support the Ingle family.
Stahl also seemingly attempted to protect her brothers in the moments before the crash, Ingle said.
- Klay Thompson sets National Basketball Association record for threes in one game
- Cricket Australia 'partly to blame' in ball-tampering scandal
- Tesla reportedly faces FBI investigation over production numbers
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle become godparents to kiwis
- Trump to end citizenship for children born in United States to non-citizens
- Smart money points to Trump charge
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Mahrez dedicates victor to Leicester owner as City return to top
- 93% of children breathe polluted air
- Schauffele beats Finau in Shanghai play-off