But the royal visit also gave Meghan the chance to air some of the issues which are close to her heart: equality for women and the importance of education for girls.
Later on, Meghan and Harry changed out of their smart but casual wear into smarter attire (a suit for him and a beige Brandon Maxwell dress for her) to visit Pillars, a charity, which offers support to the children of prisoners.
During her walkabout, Markle also spent a moment with a young girl who made it through the barriers separating the Duchess from the crowd, speaking with the little one and giving her a hug.
Ryen Anderson, who was on her team said: "Meghan was asking us how to throw and we said it doesn't matter".
'I suspect this is what is happening here and the fabric is thick heavily woven piece creating a camera strobe and the illusion its sheer'.
"We would comment on each others photos, she would send messages that were encouraging me and things along those lines".
She told an audience of students: "It was through scholarships, financial aid programmes and work-study - where my earnings from a job on campus went directly towards my tuition - that I was able to attend university".
"She was always so kind about anything mental health-related and encouraging when it came to my education".
The royals have enjoyed a busy few days in New Zealand.
Prince Harry and wife Meghan examined the navel, nostrils and whiskers on New Zealand's flightless kiwi bird and got to name two tiny chicks on the final day of their 16-day tour of the South Pacific.
James Guild, chairman of the QEII trust, the equivalent of the UK's National Trust and responsible for the QCC in New Zealand, gave a speech welcoming the couple and congratulating them on their forthcoming baby.
Sergel handed the duchess a letter, before starting to cry and being comforted by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and Auckland Mayor Phil Goff.
- IOS 12.1 Group FaceTime Compatibility: Will Your Device Support It?
- Oil falls on oversupply worries despite Iran sanctions
- Mahrez dedicates victor to Leicester owner as City return to top
- Istanbul prosecutor say Khashoggi strangled then dismembered
- Infamous mob boss James "Whitey" Bulger found dead in prison
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off pre-wedding celebrations
- Report details how furious Aaron Rodgers was with Ty Montgomery
- Here's Why Steve Madden Just Called Out Nicki Minaj on Twitter
- Cricket Australia 'partly to blame' in ball-tampering scandal
- Adorable moment Meghan Markle gives cakes to kids at Maranui cafe