On Trump, she told The Times: "I just can't stand what's going on".
It's been 13 years since Barbra Streisand released her last album of mostly original material: "Guilty Pleasures", her 2005 collaboration with Barry Gibb.
Streisand isn't the only musician to express her frustrations with Trump this week.
"A lot of adults are afraid to speak out, I don't know why, what have they got to lose really".
In a long-ranging interview with The New York Times, she addressed a variety of issues connected to her upcoming album, "Walls", her disdain for the president and various thoughts on politics in general.
Looking at her hand, she jokes, "Honest to God, I'm not gonna lie - don't I look kind of hard?".
"It's making me fat", Streisand said.
"They say there's a first time for everything. can you believe this was my first time singing out loud in a auto?" she tweeted.
"I worry. I don't take anything for granted".
Take 2016, when she vowed to move away if Trump won the presidency - a pledge that she (not surprisingly) didn't actually keep.
As well as her first original songs since 2005, the album also features a bold reimagining of John Lennon's Imagine with Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World. "He's good at marketing".
When asked about one song on her album called "Don't Lie To Me, " Streisand said it was a response to the president's statements on the major issues facing the country. "I hope it does".
"Truth has always worked for me", the singer told the newspaper about the political climate, "so to see the truth defiled every day is very, very painful for me".
- Carabao Cup: Lampard claims Chelsea players and officials applauded Derby despite defeat
- Multiple casualties in shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue
- U.S. to send over 5,000 troops to Mexico border
- Saudi Crown Prince's uncle returns to Riyadh after absence
- Google employees are staging global walkouts over the firm's treatment of women
- Trump expected to announce plan to deny asylum
- Oil Set for Worst Month in 2 Yrs.
- Here's Why Steve Madden Just Called Out Nicki Minaj on Twitter
- China Trade War Not Ending Soon
- 3 children killed in crash at Northwest Indiana bus stop