On Trump, she told The Times: "I just can't stand what's going on".
It's been 13 years since Barbra Streisand released her last album of mostly original material: "Guilty Pleasures", her 2005 collaboration with Barry Gibb.
Streisand isn't the only musician to express her frustrations with Trump this week.
"A lot of adults are afraid to speak out, I don't know why, what have they got to lose really".
In a long-ranging interview with The New York Times, she addressed a variety of issues connected to her upcoming album, "Walls", her disdain for the president and various thoughts on politics in general.
Looking at her hand, she jokes, "Honest to God, I'm not gonna lie - don't I look kind of hard?".
"It's making me fat", Streisand said.
"They say there's a first time for everything. can you believe this was my first time singing out loud in a auto?" she tweeted.
"I worry. I don't take anything for granted".
Take 2016, when she vowed to move away if Trump won the presidency - a pledge that she (not surprisingly) didn't actually keep.
As well as her first original songs since 2005, the album also features a bold reimagining of John Lennon's Imagine with Louis Armstrong's What A Wonderful World. "He's good at marketing".
When asked about one song on her album called "Don't Lie To Me, " Streisand said it was a response to the president's statements on the major issues facing the country. "I hope it does".
"Truth has always worked for me", the singer told the newspaper about the political climate, "so to see the truth defiled every day is very, very painful for me".
- Multiple casualties in shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue
- Several dead after extreme winds, heavy rain, tornados
- Verstappen goes from fast to furious to victor in Mexico
- Eagles trade 3rd-round pick to Lions for Golden Tate
- Trump to end citizenship for children born in United States to non-citizens
- Mahrez dedicates victor to Leicester owner as City return to top
- Rafael Nadal withdraws from Paris Masters with abdominal injury
- Indian Couple Falls 800 Ft To Death In California
- 3 children killed in crash at Northwest Indiana bus stop
- Istanbul prosecutor say Khashoggi strangled then dismembered