The release of Forsaken was a new beginning for Destiny 2 and Bungie is using this momentum to get fans back in the game. But for those of you who are still hesitant, there is now no barrier to jumping in and trying it out. Activision is putting the game up for download until November 18, after which those who were able to get it can keep it forever.
The free copies which are available to PC players are for Destiny 2's standard edition.
The PC version of Destiny 2, which is available on Blizzard's Battle.net service, will be available as a Gift from November 2 through November 18. Between this and the relaunch of its refer-a-friend scheme, Bungie is clearly shoring up its playerbase. After less than a year on the market, Destiny 2 is now available for the low, low price of $0. Naturally, Activision is only offering the base game, meaning that you'll have to buy the DLCs if you are interested in them. Prior to launching into the opening ceremony for Blizzcon 2018, Blizzard announced the offer as a sort of anniversary present to commemorate Destiny 2's launch on PC. It's not just good news for those who haven't purchased the game in the past however. A year and three expansions into Destiny 2's lifespan, were any of the holdouts actually going to pay to get started?
And sure, Destiny 2 is on Battle.net and Battle.net is "owned" by Blizzard, but traditionally there's been a hard line between Activision's business and Blizzard's. When you make your record and sign in, you'll locate your free duplicate holding up in your Gifts tab. In the story of Destiny 2, the last city on Earth has fallen and lies in ruins.
- Oprah campaigns for Stacey Abrams in Georgia
- Newcastle Clash: Mourinho Avoids FA Punishment For Comments After United
- Trump expected to announce plan to deny asylum
- Indonesian Rescuers Detect 'Ping,' Believe They've Located Crashed Plane
- An emotional minute's silence at Leicester City match against Cardiff
- USA finalising plan to crack down on asylum seekers
- Breeders' Cup off and running at Churchill Downs
- Eagles trade 3rd-round pick to Lions for Golden Tate
- Lion Air: Crashed Indonesian plane's black box found
- U.S. to send over 5,000 troops to Mexico border