The Independent UK reports that Aktay said the Saudi journalist's body was first cut up into pieces, to make it easier to dissolve, after he was strangled upon entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on 2 October.
"We knew that Khashoggi's body was dismembered", Aktay told the newspaper.
But questions remain, and most recently the Washington Post reported that Salman claimed in a phone call with USA officials that Khashoggi was risky and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, which Khashoggi's family denies.
And the Turkish President said he does not believe the killing reflects Saudi Arabia's official policy.
Khashoggi was a former insider in Saudi royal circles who went into self-imposed exile in the United States a year ago.
Saudi Arabia's consulate is pictured from a skyscraper in Istanbul's Levent district, Turkey.
The Saudis have since arrested 18 suspects who, they say, will be prosecuted in Saudi Arabia.
Khashoggi's family rejected the characterization in a statement to the newspaper.
In an op-ed in The Washington Post, Erdogan said he did not believe that Saudi King Salman had ordered the killing of Khashoggi at the Saudi Consulate on October 2.
It said Mujeb's response also distanced Riyadh from the idea that a "local cooperator" had been involved, saying that Saudi authorities had not made an official statement to that effect.
Turkey complies with any "foreign interventions" on its major issues, the main opposition party leader said, suggesting that Ankara allowed the murderers of the Saudi journalist to leave Turkey after a phone call between Saudi King Salman and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
In a hard-hitting Washington Post column published on Friday, Erdogan said Khashoggi's killing was "inexplicable" and called for "the identities of the puppetmasters behind" his assassination to be revealed.
The affair has created Saudi Arabia's worst diplomatic crisis since 9/11 and sullied the reputation of the crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, whom it is alleged must have been aware of the murder plan.
Hatice Cengiz, Khashoggi's fiancee, has written in the Washington Post, calling on the global community to bring the perpetrators to justice.
She added, "It is now up to the worldwide community to bring the perpetrators to justice". "There is no explanation for this hate", she wrote.
On Thursday, Washington Post CEO Fred Ryan dedicated an award speech to Khashoggi, and called upon the USA government to immediately suspend weapons sales to Saudi Arabia. She contended that the Trump administration has "taken a position that is devoid of moral foundation" because of fears of "upsetting deals or economic ties".
"We will continue to monitor the situation and Saudi International is on our schedule in 2019". "They have only emboldened it".
Khashoggi vanished after entering the consulate in Istanbul to pick up paperwork for his upcoming marriage to his Cengiz, who was waiting for him outside.
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Delhi: Residents choke with hazy dust; air quality remains 'very poor'
- Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: 3 things we learned
- Arsenal progress under Unai Emery plain to see in draw with Liverpool
- Employers in U.S. add 250000 jobs
- Aamir Khan gives Shah Rukh Khan's Zero a big thumbs up
- USA finalising plan to crack down on asylum seekers
- Trump whips up support for Republican candidates
- Blizzard Announces Diablo Immortal; A Diablo Mobile RPG
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?