On Saturday, The Washington Post reported that Amazon was in very late stages with officials in Northern Virginia as the spot for HQ2. The Journal story came a day afterThe Washington Post reported that the Virginia suburb, located smack dab between the Pentagon and Ronald Reagan National Airport, was engaged in advanced planning for HQ2, down to specific buildings and employee moving plans. The WSJ says Amazon will do a split of its second headquarters across two cities.
Amazon has its headquarters in Seattle.
The online retail giant sparked some pretty aggressive campaigning on the part of 238 communities eager to lure Amazon's HQ2, with its promise of 50,000 jobs and $5 billion in regional investment.
Amazon first announced plans for HQ2 in 2017.
The rumored front-runner location in Northern Virginia is in Crystal City. Many experts have pointed to Crystal City as a front-runner, because of its strong public transit, educated workforce and proximity to Washington.
Representatives for cities such as Dallas, Crystal City, Austin and Philadelphia declined to comment to CNN Business, while others did not respond to requests for comment.
Where are we in the decision-making process, and when will Amazon make a final announcement?
The Wall Street Journal said Dallas is also a possibility. Indianapolis is one of 20 finalists for the project.
Housing costs and availability is another issue, the person said. NY ranked No. 5 with 254,300 tech workers.
"I'll change my name to Amazon Cuomo if that's what it takes", the report cited Cuomo as saying. Company founder and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos already had several connections to the Washington area.
- Indonesian Rescuers Detect 'Ping,' Believe They've Located Crashed Plane
- Alli hoping to 'keep improving' after siging new Spurs contract
- Apple’s new iPad Pro Geekbench scores surface online
- Turkey demands truth over Khashoggi killing as Saudi prosecutor visits
- Democrats fight to win control of the House in 2018 midterms
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on "incredible" Sterling amid contract talks
- Trump whips up support for Republican candidates
- Blizzard Announces Diablo Immortal; A Diablo Mobile RPG
- WaPo: Saudi Crown Prince Told Kushner & Bolton Khashoggi Was a Terrorist
- Pete Davidson Praises Ariana Grande on ‘SNL’