That formed the bedrock for a much sturdier defensive display, which was only punctured by Alexandre Lacazette's superb late strike to deny the Reds all three points. But perhaps that isn't entirely fair for Liverpool; after all, this is an Arsenal side that has improved significantly since then, one riding a 14-game unbeaten streak.
"They can win the Premier League this season".
"It's nice because he is happy to learn and we always have fun together". We push each other every day in training and in the games. We know that to get to that chance, you have to get the three points in games like we had against Crystal Palace.
Well, Arsenal did just that on Saturday evening in the form of Liverpool - and they passed the test. Maybe today we were more near with our performance.
Leno said: "First of all, it gives me confidence to play in big games like this".
"It was intense, very intense". This is an Arsenal team that still has more Achilles heels than is ideal, one of them in goal. "In my opinion we were the better team". He helps us, not only me but all the players, with the small things. "We were better in the second half and were a threat from set-pieces". "If you see this game, you can see we are ready for the top four".
"I enjoy the small details", Emery said when asked about his reaction to the Xhaka challenge.
It's really a team goal, as the way that Everton break forward on the counter following a collapsed Brighton attack is breathtaking, but that doesn't make Richarlison's finish any less impressive. But - as they have done a few times already this year. I was actually waiting for Van Persie and Bergkamp!
Wesley Hoedt (own goal), Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling (2) and David Silva were all on the score-sheet as City maintained their 100% home record this campaign.
Realistically, a draw for Liverpool at Arsenal should be a good result.
- Trump whips up support for Republican candidates
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on "incredible" Sterling amid contract talks
- Significant outstanding issues related to Irish backstop -UK PM May's spokesman
- Democrats fight to win control of the House in 2018 midterms
- Apple’s new iPad Pro Geekbench scores surface online
- India iPhone sales to fall for first time in four years: researcher
- USA midterm elections: Polls open in key vote on Trump presidency
- Gunman kills two women at Florida yoga studio
- U.S. regulators demand Tesla hand over information amid investigation into production forecasts
- WaPo: Saudi Crown Prince Told Kushner & Bolton Khashoggi Was a Terrorist