Republicans will maintain control of the Senate.
Republican Sen. Ted Cruz is projected to win re-election in Texas, fending off a tough challenge from Democrat Beto O'Rourke, NPR reports. With 87 percent of precincts reporting, Cruz earned about 51 percent of the vote, while O'Rourke earned about 48 percent of roughly 7 million ballots cast.
The fuzzy, felt-skinned creation of veteran comedy writer Robert Smigel showed up on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Monday night to unveil a video documenting the Texas senate race. A CBP spokesman said today's activities are "operational readiness exercises" related to preparing for the caravan, which is still hundreds of miles south of the border.
Cruz scoffs at the notion that O'Rourke could beat him.
Democratic hopes for an improbable upset had been raised by unusually high early voting numbers.
Turnout is always a big factor, and in this Texas race even more so, as Democrats will need to overcome historically low voter turnout in the state in order to push a win over the incumbent Cruz.
Pamela Aguirre, a 77-year-old Texas resident who voted in El Paso on Tuesday, got to experience this thrill first-hand, according to MSNBC.
The highly-contested race between Cruz and O'Rourke has gained national attention after the Democrat smashed all fundraising records; taking in over $70 million during this election cycle.
Seemingly unfazed by Triumph's reference to President Donald Trump's 2016 attacks on Cruz's wife, the Texas Senator reaffirmed his support for the Constitution and dismissed any concerns about Twitter. Other eyewitnesses claimed that O'Rourke tried to drive away from the scene and two breathalyzer tests showed that he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.136 and 0.134. "Is that in the GOP health-care plan?" And as of this writing, O'Rourke trailed Cruz by only 3.1 points - significantly less the Real Clear Politics' most recent polling average margin of 6.8 points.
- WaPo: Saudi Crown Prince Told Kushner & Bolton Khashoggi Was a Terrorist
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Yeah, It's Probably Happening — Samsung Foldable Phone
- Amazon Mum on Reports it Will Split New Headquarters
- Early Voting Numbers Strong Heading Into Final Days
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on "incredible" Sterling amid contract talks
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Barcelona had a transfer hijacked by Real Madrid
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Lionel Messi could play against Inter, says Ernesto Valverde