The Liverpool winger is proud of his Kosovan and Albanian roots and has not been afraid to show it, leading to an awkward situation for his club once they were drawn against Red Star of Serbia in Group C of the Champions League.
"The boys are very disappointed, I'm very disappointed and we have to do better".
"It's a situation where we will go to the fantastic city of Belgrade as a football team to play football, Klopp told Liverpool's website".
Liverpool finishes the group with a trip to PSG and a home game against Napoli.
Tuesday night's captain also provided a simple solution to his side's problems, proffering that they are not having the measure of luck in front of goal that perhaps they enjoyed in 2017/18. They saw the game tonight probably and will think: "'OK, this team has weaknesses.' We have to make sure we don't have them on Sunday".
Red Star have conceded just five goals in their last 14 home games in European competition, keeping nine clean sheets in this run.
He leapt highest at a corner to head in a right-wing delivery from Marko Marin and put Red Star ahead.
Despite Liverpool hitting the woodwork twice, Red Star held on for what was a deserved victory.
Buvac is still under contract at Liverpool as the Reds continue to negotiate his exit.
Shaqiri was born in Kosovo, an ethnically Albanian province that fought a war of independence against Serbian-dominated Yugoslav forces in the late 1990s.
The decision to leave Xherdan Shaqiri back in Britain due to political tensions will now be questioned as the Swiss international's guile to break down a defence was badly missed. Salah takes aim from 25 yards and sees his deflected effort tipped past the post by Borjan.
Liverpool are still unbeaten 11 games into the Premier League season, but have now lost their last four Champions League games away from Anfield.
- WaPo: Saudi Crown Prince Told Kushner & Bolton Khashoggi Was a Terrorist
- Yeah, It's Probably Happening — Samsung Foldable Phone
- USA finalising plan to crack down on asylum seekers
- Destiny 2 Now Free On PC
- Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool: 3 things we learned
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on "incredible" Sterling amid contract talks
- Mourinho unsure if Lukaku can face Juventus
- Aamir Khan gives Shah Rukh Khan's Zero a big thumbs up
- Apple’s new iPad Pro Geekbench scores surface online
- Mauricio Pochettino is without a number of players for PSV clash