After a hugely disappointing Blizzcon 2018, Blizzard is working on more than a little damage control after it's incredibly unpopular announcement that the new Diablo game (the one they'd been teasing us with for months) was actually going to be a mobile phone release. As it stands Blizzard has not officially confirmed the existence of a full Diablo sequel for PC now in development. Without having played Diablo Immortals, we can't comment on the gameplay, but it's obvious at this point that die-hard fans expecting a complete Diablo sequel won't be satisfied with a mobile title, no matter how well it plays.
With that, Blizzard co-founder Allen Adham recently spoke to Kotaku about the response to the trailer. I know you tried to temper our expectations ahead of BlizzCon about Diablo 4, and not being ready to show everything yet, but you saved Diablo for last, for the big finish. What we said was we have multiple Diablo teams working on multiple projects. Speaking to Digital Trends Blizzard is planning to bring more IPs to mobile devices. The knowledge that a full-fat Diablo game is on the way may have positioned Immortal as a snack to be enjoyed in the meantime, not unlike the relationship between Fallout Shelter and Fallout 4.
Blizzard has stated that there are other Diablo-related projects in the pipeline, Immortal represents only a small part of the expanded Diablo universe.
Seeing as Diablo Immortal is releasing for mobile - and mobile only, PC plans were dismissed at Blizzcon - the angry fan is obviously trying to show Blizzard what Diablo players wanted, whilst attempting to give Diablo fans an alternative until IV releases. Created to be a living, breathing, and constantly evolving experience, Diablo Immortal will regularly introduce new storylines, new playable character classes, new loot, and all-new challenges-which you can face side-by-side with your friends. or foolishly choose to confront on your own.
"That being said, we knew our audience here desperately wants to see and hear about one thing in particular".
- Democrats fight to win control of the House in 2018 midterms
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog mocks Ted Cruz on the campaign trail
- Oil steadies at $72-$73 band as Iran sanctions kick in
- Turkey: Saudi investigators worked to remove evidence
- Pete Davidson Praises Ariana Grande on ‘SNL’
- WaPo: Saudi Crown Prince Told Kushner & Bolton Khashoggi Was a Terrorist
- César Azpilicueta pinpoints when Chelsea could top the Premier League
- Lowe's is closing 51 stores in the US, Canada
- Mourinho unsure if Lukaku can face Juventus
- Xherdan Shaqiri to miss Liverpool trip to Belgrade