"/Film has learned that the newly announced Breaking Bad movie will be a sequel set after the events of the series finale, following Jesse as he blazes a trail away from that horrifying finale". Production is expected to begin this month in New Mexico.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, creator Vince Gilligan is working on a two-hour film, though details are so scarce at this stage in the process we honestly don't know much of anything yet. Luckily, it'll be helmed by series creator, Vince Gilligan, so we can rest easy knowing the project is in good hands.
No further information was given for the production, and it is now unclear if it will be a prequel or will even include the characters or same actors from the television show. In the "Breaking Bad" finale, Jesse escaped his imprisonment, and was last seen speeding away in a vehicle as he raced toward freedom. After rumors of the movie's existence dropped yesterday, we confirmed today that the film will focus on Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) following the conclusion of the series.
Breaking Bad - the movie - is coming. Whether it'll be a TV movie or appear in cinemas is also in question. In the clip, Bryan Cranston says he doesn't think Walter White is dead, which has big implications for what the movie could be.
AMC's hit TV drama Breaking Bad might have ended back in 2013, but the wider universe it was set in continues to thrive.
Breaking Bad follows the journey of Walter White, a timid chemistry teacher's transformation into drug kingpin Heisenberg.
As such, we could be looking at a Jesse-centric follow-up to the show or, more likely, a prequel following the likes of Gus or Mike or, if I had my way, Huell and Kuby. Breaking Bad and its prequel, Better Caul Saul's executive producers Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein are also reported to be attached to the film.
- Trump whips up support for Republican candidates
- Mourinho unsure if Lukaku can face Juventus
- Significant outstanding issues related to Irish backstop -UK PM May's spokesman
- Apple’s new iPad Pro Geekbench scores surface online
- Democrats fight to win control of the House in 2018 midterms
- Yeah, It's Probably Happening — Samsung Foldable Phone
- USA midterm elections: Polls open in key vote on Trump presidency
- WaPo: Saudi Crown Prince Told Kushner & Bolton Khashoggi Was a Terrorist
- EPL: Ian Wright identifies one player that rescued Arsenal agaisnt Liverpool
- Mauricio Pochettino is without a number of players for PSV clash