Pep Guardiola's side produced a polished performance, led by David Silva and Raheem Sterling to lead 4-1 at halftime and to show once again they are the team to beat in England.
The Blues captain Cesar Azpilicueta has revealed that he believes Chelsea will be overtaking Manchester City on this particular date in order to dethrone them as table toppers.
While speaking to reporters, the 29-year-old Spaniard explained that Chelsea can not afford to drop points if they want to go ahead of Manchester City, "It's in our hands".
In the sixth minute, Hoedt struck high into his own net when trying to clear Leroy Sane's a low cross.
"We are two points behind and it's up to us to keep the rhythm".
As all eyes are on the UEFA Champions League matches, a lot of work is being put in behind the scenes, where clubs are already preparing strategies and plans pertaining to their businesses in the upcoming winter transfer window.
The Belgian missed three matches with a back problem before returning as a substitute in Sunday's Premier League win over Crystal Palace. Willian then saw a goal disallowed for offside in the closing stages of the first half.
Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata has said he is feeling better mentally after coming through a tough spell in his professional and personal life over the past year.
Palace equalised on 53 minutes, as Andros Townsend kept his cool in front of goal after latching on to a superb through-ball from midfielder James McArthur.
The home side sealed the victory with 20 minutes left on the clock.
While a draw was arguably a fair result on the day, some home fans were critical of goalkeeper Bernd Leno for his role in Liverpool's goal. "He's played three games in a row and sometimes it's better to actually rest than always play".
The Newcastle icon scored a stunning 260 goals in 441 Premier League appearances, a record that will surely live on for some time.
The Argentine is only the third player in the Premier League era to reach the goal tally for a single club.
- Leicester City players fly to owner's funeral in Thailand
- Lionel Messi could play against Inter, says Ernesto Valverde
- Amazon Mum on Reports it Will Split New Headquarters
- Triumph the Insult Comic Dog mocks Ted Cruz on the campaign trail
- Trump whips up support for Republican candidates
- U.S. regulators demand Tesla hand over information amid investigation into production forecasts
- Arsenal progress under Unai Emery plain to see in draw with Liverpool
- Pete Davidson Praises Ariana Grande on ‘SNL’
- Lowe's is closing 51 stores in the US, Canada
- USA midterm elections: Polls open in key vote on Trump presidency