Yellow weather warnings have been issued for the west of the United Kingdom and Scotland, with winds of up to 60mph expected.
A spell of windy weather is expected to affect western parts of the UK. Southwest winds will be strong with further gale gusts.
Forecast for tomorrow: Southerly winds increase further tomorrow morning, veering southwesterly, becoming strong to severe gale force and gusty, strongest in coastal parts of Wexford.
Bridges could be closed, there could be some local short-term loss of power and other services, and coastal communities could be affected by spray and large waves.
What is wind chill and how does it impact United Kingdom weather?
There is a small chance of delays to public transport, and longer journey times.
Storm Diana is expected to move away during Wednesday evening, although showers are likely to persist into Thursday, November 29.
The Orange wind warning for Cork, Kerry and Waterford predicts severe winds associated with Storm Diana on Wednesday with south to southwest winds of 65 to 80 km/h and gusts of 110 to 130 km/h.
But a second band of low pressure following in Diana's wake is forecast to slam into the United Kingdom on Thursday, bringing more wet and windy weather and "danger to life" tidal waves. Inland cloud breaks will allow mist and fog patches to form with a frost in places.
However, some unsafe conditions can be produced by high winds and heavy rain, especially in the north which is expecting near hurricane-strength winds. Minimum temperature 5 °C. Maximum temperature 7 °C. Colder and brighter on Friday with blustery showers.
The fresh weather alerts come after Status Yellow warnings were handed out to 16 Irish counties yesterday, before one was updated this morning.
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Tunisians protest planned visit of Saudi crown prince
- US Border Security Closes San Ysidro Port of Entry
- Mary Kom storms into World Boxing C'ships final, Lovlina gets bronze
- Ukraine's SBU Confirms Intelligence Officers on Board Vessels Seized Near Crimea
- Trump rejects projections in climate change report
- More than 100 injured in Aleppo in gas attack - Syrian state media
- Two killed in attack at Chinese consulate in Pakistan's Karachi
- LeBron cites turnovers as culprit in Lakers' latest loss to Magic
- Red Dead Online Now Available… For Some Of You