Holly Willoughby was announced as Ant McPartlin's replacement in August, adding she "couldn't be more excited" for the gig.
However, while many viewers were thrilled to see Willoughby - who chuckled alongside Donnelly as he continued to crack jokes - some were saddened not to see McPartlin.
Tonight sees the return of I'm A Celebrity...
But Noel Edmonds, set to be a late entrant to camp, reportedly tops that with a £600,000 payday.
What channel is I'm A Celeb on?
Willoughby, smirking, said: "Shall we just get on with it, maybe?"
Holly Willoughby left fans in hysterics last night with her reaction throughout Emily Atack's bushtucker trial.
Taking to Instagram the TV presenter said Declan Donnelly gave her a tour of the infamous camp, ahead of the first episode airing tonight.
Last night saw Hegerty struggling with her first night in camp, as she admitted that many things could become a "source of stress" to her. In years gone by, favourites such as Joey Essex have been sent packing before their time despite looking like a shoe-in for victory, so who knows what's going to take place over the next 21 days?
One said they were "loving it so far" and that "Holly is a good stand in for Ant". "Oh I was just counting the years there". "I think people are forgetting she's there to replace Ant as a presenter while he recovers, she's not there to try act like Ant. Give her a break". Lots of love from the big fella!'
The celebrity line-up is completed by The Chase's Anne Hegerty, DIY SOS host Nick Knowles, former X Factor star Fleur East, Hollyoaks actor Malique Thompson-Dwyer and Emily Atack, of The Inbetweeners.
I'm a Celebrity hit a peak of 11.9 million viewers, making it the show's highest rated launch in the past five years.
- Journal Reveals Last Days of Man Killed By Isolated Tribe
- Trump rejects projections in climate change report
- More than 100 injured in Aleppo in gas attack - Syrian state media
- DUP may back Norway-style Brexit deal, says Arene Foster
- Ukraine's SBU Confirms Intelligence Officers on Board Vessels Seized Near Crimea
- NASA's InSight Mars Landing: a Nail-Biting '6.5 Minutes of Terror'
- Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Moving Out of Kensington Palace
- Brexit: Portugal backs Spain on Gibraltar clause
- Red Dead Online Now Available… For Some Of You
- We're Brimming With Belief - Liverpool Star Hails Win At Watford