I actually think Kante, if you look at how he played when he played for Leicester; he wasn't just a defensive midfielder.
Sarri was asked about Kante and whether he could play alongside Jorginho in the heart of the Blues midfield.
Sarri was critical of Kante's display against Tottenham, saying he "lost his position" and "wanted to solve the match. but in the wrong way".
Maurizio Sarri conducted one-on-one meetings with his Chelsea players as he sought an explanation for a perceived lack of "determination" in their loss to Spurs.
Carragher warns Chelsea: Kante and Jorginho can't work together
The hosts doubled the lead on 37 minutes when Cesc Fabregas played a splendid pass in behind for Giroud, who swept home first-time on the volley. I talk to them player by player. "If the ball is on the left we have (Marcos) Alonso, (Eden) Hazard, (Mateo) Kovacic, (Ross) Barkley, so in that situation he has to stay very close to Jorginho". "I had a meeting of 10 minutes, five minutes, individual", he said. "I want to see we learned our lessons [against Tottenham]". "It's very hard but I'll try to find a space for him".
Sarri has encouraged Kante to get forward in matches and his latest comments may appear to be a contradiction.
Rather than a regular team talk, Sarri chose to apply a more personable approach with the players.
However, with Moses not available for the Europa League clash against PAOK Saloniki, Hudson-Odoi was handed the opportunity of making the match day squad. Then we will see. "I think he can not play ten matches in 30 days, so sometimes he has to rest".
The Italian however added that Hazard should recover in time to face Fulham in the English Premier League on Sunday.
- More than 100 injured in Aleppo in gas attack - Syrian state media
- Whatever happened to trying to impeach President Donald Trump?
- Major change ahead with Storm Diana brewing in Atlantic
- Trump warns Brexit may harm UK-US trade
- Red Dead Online Now Available… For Some Of You
- Pakistan has altered demography of PoK: Army chief Bipin Rawat
- Jose Mourinho - Manchester United need to handle pressure at home matches
- LeBron cites turnovers as culprit in Lakers' latest loss to Magic
- Russian Federation to deploy new S-400 missiles in Crimea amid sky-high tensions
- Ukraine's SBU Confirms Intelligence Officers on Board Vessels Seized Near Crimea