James Milner converted a penalty just before halftime to reduce the deficit.
8 - Tuchel made some big calls, both tactically and in terms of personnel, and his players produced a performance and result that the German tactician and PSG can be proud of.
Marco Verratti was running the game in midfield, although the Italian was fortunate not to be sent off for a unsafe tackle on Joe Gomez midway through the first half. I don't know if there's any explanation for that right now because I can't think of one - otherwise we should have used it already.
Salah curling a shot wide was as good as it got for the visitors, for whom Gomez was having a tough time as having been nailed by a reckless over-the-top Verratti challenge was then booked after losing possession to and then pulling back Neymar.
Juan Bernat of Paris Saint-Germain controls the ball under pressure from Sadio Mane of Liverpool during the Group C match of the UEFA Champions League between Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain at Anfield on September 18, 2018 in Liverpool, United Kingdom.
There was a lack of urgency all over the field from Jurgen Klopp's side, compared to their French counterparts, with their defending leaving a lot to be desired, while their was no fluidity or genuine threat in the attacking third, as the PSG goal was rarely troubled over the course of the game.
Liverpool have now lost all three of their Champions League matches away from Anfield this season and for the second straight season, the Reds' hopes of reaching the round of 16 will be determined in matchday six. Dejan Lovren thus, continues at the heart of the Liverpool defence, with Virgil van Dijk being his partner. Liverpool need to win against Napoli and it's a goal difference shootout for qualification places and then away goals.
France forward Griezmann doubled Atletico's advantage midway through the first half.
But Liverpool did not give up.
The world's most expensive player had been drawing fouls from opponents and whipping up a fervent home crowd before he burst down the left in the 37th minute, combining with Mbappe.
He will be required in the games to come, especially if Liverpool can overcome Napoli by two goals and escape their group.
"We shouldn't have really let them go two goals in front in the first half".
- Carragher warns Chelsea: Kante and Jorginho can't work together
- Trump rejects projections in climate change report
- Pakistan has altered demography of PoK: Army chief Bipin Rawat
- Major change ahead with Storm Diana brewing in Atlantic
- Chinese researcher claims second pregnancy with gene-edited baby is underway
- Black box data shows pilots fought control system in Indonesia crash
- Ex-Trump campaign chairman Manafort violated plea agreement -- special counsel
- US Border Security Closes San Ysidro Port of Entry
- Supreme Court to Hear Apple Antitrust Case
- United qualify after controversial late Fellaini victor