"So 300 people were not allowed in and they were the principle protagonists of everything that happened". "They could have killed me", said Perez.
The decision has yet to be validated by the soccer body's disciplinary committee, and Boca's club president Daniel Angelici said he will appeal all the way to the Court of Arbitration for Sport "if needed". Derbies - known as superclasicos - between the two can often resemble wars between the two halves of Buenos Aires.
The second leg of the final, if it were to be played at all, needed to be played with enough leeway before the FIFA Club World Cup kicks off in the United Arab Emirates on December 12.
And crucially the second-leg clash between Boca Juniors and River Plate will not take place in Argentina.
The postponed Copa Libertadores football final between Argentinian sides Boca Juniors and River Plate has been deemed too violent to remain in Argentina and will be played elsewhere.
"Argentina has not been able to deal with violence when it comes to football".
"There's no chance of that [awarding Boca the Libertadores Cup] happening", D'Onofrio told America TV.
"It is alarming that the fights among the barra bravas have caused the deaths of hundreds in the last 25 years".
"This is directly related to the episode the day before".
River's local rival, Racing, also complained about the illegal inclusion of midfielder Bruno Zuculini in their round-of-16 match.
Boca were expelled from the competition while River advanced to the quarterfinals. Two weeks ago the teams played on Saturday and Sunday due to rain.
The Paraguayan capital of Asuncion has been suggested as one venue to host the rescheduled game, as has Miami. Boca's president, River's president and the president of AFA met with CONMEBOL's president Alejandro Dominguez on Tuesday in Paraguay.
The game is the South American equivalent of the Champions League final in Europe.
- Red Dead Online Now Available… For Some Of You
- Ex-Trump campaign chairman Manafort violated plea agreement -- special counsel
- Russian Federation to deploy new S-400 missiles in Crimea amid sky-high tensions
- Australian steer turns heads at 6 feet, 4 inches tall
- Whatever happened to trying to impeach President Donald Trump?
- What time is I’m a Celebrity 2018 on ITV tonight?
- "There Were Children", Says Migrant Mother Tear-Gassed At US Border
- Black box data shows pilots fought control system in Indonesia crash
- Michael Cohen pleads guilty to misleading Congress
- Why Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Moving Out of Kensington Palace