Marvel's Daredevil has been canceled after three seasons. One theory postulates that it's because of Marvel's owner, Disney, launching their own streaming service, Disney+. The third season of Jessica Jones will become available on Netflix in 2019 along with the second season of The Punisher.
The Daredevil cancellation news also comes after it was revealed that Season 4 had already been mapped out and pitched to Netflix.
Mike Coulter in a still from Marvel's Luke Cage.
Whether Daredevil's future is a closed book likely depends on the fate of Jessica Jones and The Punisher, but it's still a shame one of Netflix's best shows, and one of the best superhero shows, has been stunted in its stride.
But unlike those cancellations, Daredevil's end is rather unfortunate, because the show's recently debuted third season, which saw the return of Kingpin (Vincent D'Onofrio) and the introduction of Bullseye (Wilson Bethel), was met with positive reviews. Netflix knew Disney+ was coming, but also knew they controlled how long their Marvel shows ran. That could still happen (maybe), but the situation is complicated enough to take a step back and look at several possibilities for the future of Daredevil and the rest of these Marvel shows and their relationship to Disney+.
Netflix has canceled Marvel's Daredevil after three seasons, according to Variety.
Still, actor Charlie Cox brought the Daredevil character to life better than his predecessor Ben Affleck (who played him on the big screen). "And to Erik Oleson, because of you we are going out on a high". NBC ultimately made a deal with DirecTV and the show continued for three more seasons, including the season that helped make Michael B. Jordan the mega-star he is today.
- AWS Outposts brings AWS hardware on-prem
- Carragher warns Chelsea: Kante and Jorginho can't work together
- NASA planned a new mission to the moon
- Ukraine's SBU Confirms Intelligence Officers on Board Vessels Seized Near Crimea
- Trump on China: 'I like the deal we have now'
- River Plate face disqualification from Copa Libertadores final
- Russian Federation to deploy new S-400 missiles in Crimea amid sky-high tensions
- Backed Senate candidate wins election after controversy in Mississippi
- Whatever happened to trying to impeach President Donald Trump?
- United qualify after controversial late Fellaini victor