Marvel's Daredevil has been canceled after three seasons. One theory postulates that it's because of Marvel's owner, Disney, launching their own streaming service, Disney+. The third season of Jessica Jones will become available on Netflix in 2019 along with the second season of The Punisher.
The Daredevil cancellation news also comes after it was revealed that Season 4 had already been mapped out and pitched to Netflix.
Mike Coulter in a still from Marvel's Luke Cage.
Whether Daredevil's future is a closed book likely depends on the fate of Jessica Jones and The Punisher, but it's still a shame one of Netflix's best shows, and one of the best superhero shows, has been stunted in its stride.
But unlike those cancellations, Daredevil's end is rather unfortunate, because the show's recently debuted third season, which saw the return of Kingpin (Vincent D'Onofrio) and the introduction of Bullseye (Wilson Bethel), was met with positive reviews. Netflix knew Disney+ was coming, but also knew they controlled how long their Marvel shows ran. That could still happen (maybe), but the situation is complicated enough to take a step back and look at several possibilities for the future of Daredevil and the rest of these Marvel shows and their relationship to Disney+.
Netflix has canceled Marvel's Daredevil after three seasons, according to Variety.
Still, actor Charlie Cox brought the Daredevil character to life better than his predecessor Ben Affleck (who played him on the big screen). "And to Erik Oleson, because of you we are going out on a high". NBC ultimately made a deal with DirecTV and the show continued for three more seasons, including the season that helped make Michael B. Jordan the mega-star he is today.
- China Halts Gene Editing Program Trying to Create HIV-Immune Twins
- Trump on China: 'I like the deal we have now'
- Senate advances Sanders-backed resolution to withdraw support for Yemen war
- Ukraine's SBU Confirms Intelligence Officers on Board Vessels Seized Near Crimea
- Mississippi's ugly past casts long shadow on Senate election
- Ex-Trump campaign chairman Manafort violated plea agreement -- special counsel
- Trump Says He Told GM They Should 'Make A Better Car'
- Pakistan has altered demography of PoK: Army chief Bipin Rawat
- President Trump Thinks Auto Tariffs Would Have Saved GM's Plants
- Chinese researcher claims second pregnancy with gene-edited baby is underway