The man popped the question in Times Square, police said, but lost hold of the engagement ring, which fell through a sidewalk grate.
NY police have reunited a young couple with their lost engagement ring after an epic search that spanned the globe.
They're now liasing with the police to get the ring back. So, the NYPD turned to Twitter.
John Drennan and Daniella Anthony were visiting New York City from the United Kingdom after Thanksgiving.
The saga began just before midnight Friday in Times Square, the NYPD said.
But - after persistent searching - officers found the engagement ring, have cleaned it and are now attempting to track down the couple. The tweet said the NYPD was making arrangements to return the ring.
They also posted a photo of the ring itself.
Police took to Twitter to find the couple in the hopes of reuniting them with the piece of jewellery.
The video has been viewed nearly a million times so here's hoping the couple have somehow come across it.
But a happy ending was coming for what the department called its "almost engaged" couple.
He then tweeted a photo of the happy couple, saying: "Congrats to John and his betrothed, Daniella (they're from across the pond, about 2 hours north of London)".
"We would like to thank everyone who shared this story!" the NYPD wrote on Twitter.
Times Square's official website even offers help for people who want to go big with a proposal on one of its famous billboards.
- Captured Ukrainian sailors to be transferred to Moscow detention center
- UK PM Theresa May Holds Presser After G20 Summit in Argentina
- Lunar Landers Selected by NASA for Payload Delivery to the Moon
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Macron tells Saudi prince global experts needed in Khashoggi investigation
- Hyundai Motor Takes the Wraps off Its Large Flagship SUV Palisade
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- George Bush Sr dies aged 94
- NFL Star Kareem Hunt Cut From Chiefs After Violent Video Surfaced
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?