America's VetDogs, the organization that assigned Sully to former President Bush in June after he was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, tweeted a sweet photo of Sully sleeping Monday, after a long day comforting mourners.
Jim McGrath, Bush's spokesman, posted an image of Sully next to Bush's casket on Sunday along with the caption, "Mission complete".
Bob Dole, 95, an advocate of that legislation and the former Senate majority leader from Kansas, came in a wheelchair to honor his fellow World War II veteran.
Friends, family and members of the public are gathering across the country this week to remember former President George H.W. Bush.
A spokeswoman for Melania Trump noted the tour happened but did not offer any details.
One source with knowledge of the funeral arrangements told The Washington Post that Bush "wouldn't want anyone there to feel uncomfortable, including the incumbent president".
Both the House and Senate shut down most business on Monday, with lawmakers quickly passing resolutions to allow Mr. Bush to lie in state in the Rotunda, and to use the catafalque, or funeral bier, that was first constructed to hold President Abraham Lincoln's casket in 1865.
Image Sully was trained by prison inmates with VetDogs
Trump had a complicated relationship with the late president.
US-POLITICS-BUSHSully, the yellow Labrador retriever who was former President George H.W. Bush service dog is seen during a departure ceremony at Ellington Field, on December 3, 2018, in Houston.
"Here lies a great man", said Rep. Paul Ryan, the House speaker, and "a gentle soul".
Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner urged residents to wear colorful socks at an evening event in front of City Hall in a nod to one of the late former president's favorite fashion accessories. There will be a motorcade that transports Bush to Washington National Cathedral for a state funeral.
The president's body will then be flown to Texas, where he'll lie in repose at St. Martin's Episcopal Church in Houston.
"He was preceded in death by his wife of 73 years, Barbara; his second child Pauline "Robin" Bush; and his brothers Prescott and William or "Bucky" Bush". Flags on public buildings are flying at half-staff for 30 days.
- Liverpool boss Klopp on January action: That's b******t and you know it!
- Deontay Wilder's Reaction To Tyson Fury Surviving His Knockdown Is Priceless
- Former presidents laud George H.W. Bush's dedication to public service
- George Bush Sr dies aged 94
- United Kingdom government will not pull December 11 Brexit deal vote, minister says
- Ballon d'Or host asks first female victor Ada Hegerberg to 'twerk'
- Key Labour figures urge party to prepare for a new Brexit poll
- Moving photo of President Bush's dog paying tribute
- Trump Says China Has Agreed to Reduce, Remove Tariffs on Cars
- Argentina judge acts on complaint against Saudi prince