Finau finished with a three-under 69 on the day.
Rahm received the Trophy from Pawan Munjal, Chairman, CEO and MD of HeroMotoCorp and takes home a cheque of one million dollars. This is an unofficial PGA Tour event, but overall Rahm has now won three times in 2018. Rose closed with a 65 and finished third.
The most notable absentee from the chasing pack is, of course, the man who hosts this invitational event - Tiger Woods.
Even so, Woods remained eight shots behind in his first 72-hole event since ending his remarkable comeback year with a victory in the Tour Championship.
Rahm endured no such drama as he posted the best round of the tournament with a blemish-free nine-under 63.
Clearly, Rahm was pleased with his progress in the first two years of his career.
He added, "Also, the Sunday of the PGA my grandpa had just passed as soon as I finished". Ask Tiger how many. "I haven't played a lot of golf, though. Just one of those days where I kept feeling like I was fighting from behind and somehow wound up with even par".
"In slow motion, you can see I did hit it twice, but in real time, I didn't feel that at all". That was just too much for my body to handle and I was not physically prepared for it.
Sweden's Stenson and Spain's Rahm, who shared the overnight lead, couldn't be separated at the close of day three in signing for three-under par 69s while American Finau birdied both the 15th and 16th holes in a round of 67 to join his European Ryder Cup-winning rivals.
Finau admitted the double at 14th proved to be decisive. She had no idea about golf and I would make her watch all the highlights of Tiger.
Smith became the first player since Robert Allenby in 2001 to win the Australian PGA in successive years.
"Hosting the event and trying to play well, I haven't done a very good job of playing well but it was nice to finish off on that back nine and actually do something positive", he said after picking up four birdies over the final nine holes.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.
Defending champion Rickie Fowler posted a second consecutive five-under 67 to move 10 under for the tournament.
- Climate change is 'most important issue we face — United Nations chief
- Luka Modric wins the Ballon d'Or 2018
- 'Mission complete': Sully the service dog to accompany Bush one last time
- NFL Star Kareem Hunt Cut From Chiefs After Violent Video Surfaced
- Urban Meyer Retiring As Ohio State Football Coach
- Jurgen Klopp Fined For Celebrating Goal On Field
- Government must publish Brexit legal advice
- This 7-year-old YouTube toy reviewer makes R302m!
- Former presidents laud George H.W. Bush's dedication to public service
- Opening pair critical in Australia, says Sachin Tendulkar