Finau finished with a three-under 69 on the day.
Rahm received the Trophy from Pawan Munjal, Chairman, CEO and MD of HeroMotoCorp and takes home a cheque of one million dollars. This is an unofficial PGA Tour event, but overall Rahm has now won three times in 2018. Rose closed with a 65 and finished third.
The most notable absentee from the chasing pack is, of course, the man who hosts this invitational event - Tiger Woods.
Even so, Woods remained eight shots behind in his first 72-hole event since ending his remarkable comeback year with a victory in the Tour Championship.
Rahm endured no such drama as he posted the best round of the tournament with a blemish-free nine-under 63.
Clearly, Rahm was pleased with his progress in the first two years of his career.
He added, "Also, the Sunday of the PGA my grandpa had just passed as soon as I finished". Ask Tiger how many. "I haven't played a lot of golf, though. Just one of those days where I kept feeling like I was fighting from behind and somehow wound up with even par".
"In slow motion, you can see I did hit it twice, but in real time, I didn't feel that at all". That was just too much for my body to handle and I was not physically prepared for it.
Sweden's Stenson and Spain's Rahm, who shared the overnight lead, couldn't be separated at the close of day three in signing for three-under par 69s while American Finau birdied both the 15th and 16th holes in a round of 67 to join his European Ryder Cup-winning rivals.
Finau admitted the double at 14th proved to be decisive. She had no idea about golf and I would make her watch all the highlights of Tiger.
Smith became the first player since Robert Allenby in 2001 to win the Australian PGA in successive years.
"Hosting the event and trying to play well, I haven't done a very good job of playing well but it was nice to finish off on that back nine and actually do something positive", he said after picking up four birdies over the final nine holes.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.
Defending champion Rickie Fowler posted a second consecutive five-under 67 to move 10 under for the tournament.
- This 7-year-old YouTube toy reviewer makes R302m!
- Opening pair critical in Australia, says Sachin Tendulkar
- Urban Meyer Retiring As Ohio State Football Coach
- An Urban Meyer rival is so happy for him
- GOP senators turn up heat on Saudi prince following CIA's Khashoggi briefing
- Moving photo of President Bush's dog paying tribute
- Jurgen Klopp Fined For Celebrating Goal On Field
- Macron Halts Fuel Tax Hike In Bid To Curb Riots
- Trump to kill old NAFTA to push Congress to approve USMCA
- How to Watch Warriors vs Raptors Online Without Cable