Shaqiri then put the seal on the result for Liverpool late on.
Irony. Delicious irony. Nobody is enjoying the taste of it this week as much as Virgil van Dijk.
"Burnley goal should be disallowed".
The hosts' lead was short-lived, though, as James Milner's low line drive from a Divock Origi pass skipped into the bottom right corner of Joe Hart's goal to make it 1-1. "Using Daniel was clear; Div after the last game makes sense, using the momentum, trying to use it".
"Kicked it out of Alisson's hands. yeah that's fine", another added.
90+1 Goal! Shaqiri in stoppage time!
And Liverpool sealed a rapid turnaround on the scoreboard with 68 on the clock.
But Liverpool fought back quickly with goals from Milner and substitute Firmino turning the game on it's head.
53- Goal! Burnley pounce on a rare Alisson error!
The match is on Wednesday 5 December with kick-off at 7.45pm at Turf Moor.
Yet Liverpool, predictably, looked in the mood to continue a record that has seen them unbeaten in this home fixture for 19 years. The Egyptian is joined by fellow attacker Roberto Firmino on the bench, while Sadio Mane misses out completely with an injury.
Time for the Team News!
Burnley lost 2-0 to Crystal Palace in their last game.
The reds made heavy work of the first half - and Burnley were keen to get in Liverpool's faces.
Klopp was later defended by Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola. As for Burnley, they have struggled this year, and now, find themselves in the relegation zone.
Live updates are scheduled to begin after kickoff.
- NYPD tracks down couple who lost ring down grate during engagement
- George HW Bush casket arrives in DC
- Priyanka, Nick, Parineeti Leave Jodhpur Post Wedding
- Ballon d'Or host asks first female victor Ada Hegerberg to 'twerk'
- 'Mission complete': Sully the service dog to accompany Bush one last time
- Genetically Engineered Baby Claim Met with Investigations and Doubt
- Apple incorporates TRAI’s DND app to avoid ban on iPhones in India
- Stocks markets surge on hint of slower rate hikes
- Deontay Wilder's Reaction To Tyson Fury Surviving His Knockdown Is Priceless
- George Bush Sr dies aged 94